1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Title Not Found

When I play as a NovaKid it just crashes as I pick it from the character selection..
    Error: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("prerequisiteQuestsIds")
    VariantException::VariantException(string) //note <-- (VariantEception(string) emotes .3.
    Variant::get(String)
    Quest:Quest(Variant)
    QuestManager::QuestManager(String)
    UniverseServer::UniverseServer(String, bool, CelstialCoordinate)
    ClientApplication::update()
    StartApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

2. Sovetnik

Sovetnik Void-Bound Voyager

The same problem, but for any race.
    Nightly builds

3. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

X Al Athfar 09 Ic
    Has a graphical error that causes the planet to 'tilt' so that it's not aligned with the bottom of the screen. Seems to correct itself when in orbit over the planet and one exits the game and comes back in. This is not a Nightly Build version of Starbound.
    x: 33416855
    y: -258204

Mods in use as of the screencap being taken:
    Standing Turret
    Blast Furnace
    Megaman X Mod
    Ore Farming 2.0
    Reiji Song Pack
    SmartPet
    Tabula Rasa
    GardenBot

4. Emrys Thomas

Emrys Thomas Void-Bound Voyager

It appears that sometimes when navigating through planetary systems, the top of the navigation screen is distorted. See below for what I mean.

Attached Files:

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I had something like this where the glitch respawn frames where appearing at the top of the navigation interface.

6. dartgarret

dartgarret Lucky Number 13

Error: Stack Trace...
    SignalHandlerImpl::sehTrampoline()
    void CellularLighting::calculateLightRegion<WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(CellularLighting::Query*)#2}, WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(Vector<int, 2u>, WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(CellularLighting::Query*)#2}<float, 3u>)#3}>(Box<int, 2u>, WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(CellularLighting::Query*)#2}, WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(Vector<int, 2u>, WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)::{lambda(CellularLighting::Query*)#2}<float, 3u>)#3})
    WorldClient::render(WorldRenderData, unsigned int)
    ClientApplication::render()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

7. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

All is ok for me. Perhaps some mod is causing your graphic lag.
    [​IMG]

8. Aroxys

Either that or it's my laptop being a little too weak for the game. Either way, good to know it's not a bug.

9. Emrys Thomas

Yea, you are right. Then my question would be, how is rope different from climbing rope? The only difference I see is in the name.

10. Alucard I

If I remember, Rope is single-use...

11. ValentineVxx

ValentineVxx Orbital Explorer

Hello, I'm new in forums (in advance sorry for my english), I'm using the Enraged Koala version, and i have this bug:
    When i exit the game (from main menu or alt + f4) after it closes this message pop up´s:
    [​IMG]
    Wich i didnt care very much, But when i started the pc next time i played, it booted the Disk check up, and it said it erased around 138 corrupted files. I'm Kinda worried if this would affect my pc's important files :confused:

12. the_paladin_of_gods_truly

the_paladin_of_gods_truly Space Spelunker

please i need dire need of help i cant jump...

13. Aroxys

I've been running into not a crash, but a peculiar bug where NPCs would randomly 'clone' and essentially become two identical NPCs where there was once only one. I decided to wait on posting about it until I happened more than once, but it's happened at least twice and I'm curious as to what the problem is.

[​IMG]

Two Hylotl doctors when there used to be just one running around up there.

[​IMG]

A Floran guard was producing a strange after-image for a short while before it became clear that the game messed up.

I am running Enraged Koala, and am running mods.
    Ore Farming
    SmartPet
    Compact Crops
    GardenBot
    Blast Furnace
    DyeMod
    StandingTurret
    Starmount
    Reiji Song Pack

14. Alucard I

Please, back up your character and universe folders and try to play without SmartPets. If this bug occurs again - let me know. Thank you.

15. Tymon

Tymon Cosmic Narwhal

This bug is very much in vanilla game. no mods cause it. I run into that exact same bug and I play without mods. I also run into the even more infuriating NPCs despawning bug which seems to go hand in hand with this one. An NPC will just randomly vanish even if they aren't killed (Such as despawning off your ship, or in an enclosed building where there is clearly no way they COULD be killed outside of a player's actions.)

16. Alucard I

Okay then, lemme see if I have it on my bug list.

17. Tymon

Tymon Cosmic Narwhal

In general it seems to be the more something is 'used' the more frequently this occurs. EG: If you go to your home planet a lot, NPCs duplicating/despawning occurs fairly commonly. But at the end it still seems to be random...

18. Alucard I

For some reason it's not listed. May as well add it.

19. Aroxys

The planet in the pictures is set as my homeworld and I do make frequent trips to it to let the GardenBots harvest crops, tend to my metal trees, continue my constructions, ect., so odds are good that it meets the criteria for that to happen.

20. Emrys Thomas

I also have witnessed this cloning in my non-modded save. At least 7 have been cloned, but I didn't really think about it, just saw it as odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.