1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium 1.3.3 Heavy Bolters

Adds craftable Imperial weapons from Warhammer 40k.

1. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

leinglo submitted a new mod:

Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium - Adds craftable Imperial weapons from Warhammer 40k.

Read more about this mod...

Hamhockbeans likes this.
  2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Damn, so many 40k weapon mods recently, and they seem to increase in quality with each addition X3 No offense to the others of course.

Do like that you are doing the various other pattern variants. When you get to bolters, may I request the Godwyn Deaz variant, aka the Sisterhood's primary bolter?

3. leinglo

Hm, we'll see once I get started on the sprites. The Godwyn-De'az really isn't all that different from a regular Godwyn pattern, other than being a little smaller, and depending on the sprite scale of the other bolters that may not be enough of a difference to make it distinct. The bolter patterns I'll definitely be doing, though, are the Phobos, Umbra, Tigrus, Hesh, and Godwyn, along with pistols and sniper variants.

4. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

Just my 2 cents, I'd like to see the melta-gun with a beam that is oscillating somewhere between white blue and yellow, just like the wavelengths of stars in that range of colors.
    If possible with damage dealt for time on target. Very big maybe for ignoring a sizable portion of regular protection and instead being affected by heat-protection.
    Nice work by the way.

5. Gratuitous Lurking

If all else fails, at least have Meltas have it do the Melting debuff, as OP as that is :p

6. leinglo

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the beam as well. Only gun I could find in the assets that uses a beam projectile is the gnome gun (it shoots a rainbow), but you know what? I think I can work with that. Meltaguns are gonna be in. Don't know if I'll be able to code anything too fancy though.

Heh, only way I could justify that is if I make the meltagun an exclusively late game gun. That, or find a way to edit the melting debuff to balance it a bit.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  7. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

Yay!

I just had a look at the melting.lua file and the melting.statuseffect file and the only lines that I can guess what they are doing look like self.damage = 30 or similar, so I'd start there and experiment with different numbers.

also

"blockingStat" : "lavaImmunity",

looks like an all or nothing proposition. Just how many enemies do have that?

And how is elemental damage accounted for in vanilla anyway? All I see is the basic damage protection stat.

8. Narsuss

Narsuss Orbital Explorer

will you post this mod on steam? and is there a techpriest skin or armor set? i would love to have one for my glitch.

9. leinglo

Steam Workshop's a negatory, for now. I got enough on my plate making and updating my mods just for the forums without having to figure out a second mod service that's obtuse on a good day and doesn't want to work properly at all on a bad one. And lately, there have apparently been more than a few bad days for the workshop.

In the case of the techpriest outfit, though, I actually was thinking about it earlier, and I have a pretty good idea of how to make one, but for now I'm focusing on getting the weapons out.

10. leinglo

A quick WiP peak at the bolters as well as the plasma guns that may be packaged along with them:
    upload_2016-8-18_17-18-57.png
    I'd list the pattern names, but I'd like to know if they are detailed enough that the patterns are recognizable without a label.

11. Gratuitous Lurking

Sadly I don't know much of the pattern weapons ^^; The plasmaguns though are the variant that's always showing up in the games, and I'm assuming the two bolters on the bottom are either Stalker Bolters or sniper variants like Scout Marines used back in the day, right?

12. leinglo

You're right on both counts, actually. Stalker Bolters are sniper variant bolters.

13. Gratuitous Lurking

Ah. I only remember the Stalker name showing up from Space Marine, the vidya game prior, the other appearences I knew of em prior only referenced them as snipers with bolt ammo, like Dawn of War ^^;

14. leinglo

15. Dandekiller

Dandekiller Void-Bound Voyager

You asked about what kind of projectile you should use for the meltaguns, and as a I read a lot of warhammer 40k books, i think the plasma beam would fit the job the best.
    They are mostly used as anti tank weapons, sometimes (in i think 1 or two times) one used them and took down an airship. If you add necron weapons, then you can use green beams, that is what their weapons mostly shoot.

16. leinglo

"Mostly used as anti tank weapons" being the key phrase. In the hands of Jurgan, a meltagun seems closer to an anti everything weapon. But yeah, a beam is indeed what I was settling on as the most common representation.
    I don't think I'll be adding Necron weapons though. They don't strike me as having a varied or interesting enough arsenal. Tau, on the other hand...I do plan on adding them. As a separate mod, though, with their own crafting station.

17. Dandekiller

Dandekiller Void-Bound Voyager

When adding imperial weapons, will you also add terminator weapons or will you just leave it at the weapons the space marines carry? It would be pretty awesome if you had space marine armor, It would add a lot of role play possibility too. BTW did you ever read the Horus Heresy series? I really liked that one because in there they finally explained why the emperor has to be put to tubes the whole time.

18. leinglo

For now, I'm focusing on the many different patterns of small arms, but heavy weapons are certainly a later possibility later. Armor, on the other hand, would be a little trickier. Spriting clothing and armor is much much harder than weapons.
    However...the Apex Frontliner set is already literally based off of Space Marine armor (the reference in the description to gigantic pauldrons is a dead giveaway). All I'd have to do is make a proper space marine helmet and backpack to match it, so maybe I will do that at some point.

19. leinglo

leinglo updated Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium with a new update entry:

BOLTERS!

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. leinglo

leinglo updated Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium with a new update entry:

alignment fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...