1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Starbound 40k + others if I get to it

Discussion in 'Art' started by ColdOneK, Apr 27, 2013.

1. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

On this one did you mean to leave in the black outline on the loincloth? That looks weird since the rest of the image isn't outlined like that.

2. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

I bless this thread and all it that comes from it's loins. Continue gentlemen.
    The marines look amazing, great job Cold.

3. ColdOneK

ColdOneK Space Penguin Leader

ha ha good point - I was kind of excited when I got her to look pretty decent, so I guess I stumbled

I will be adding chaos - eldar - tau - and possibly a tyranid over the next few days - so stay tuned lol

4. This is amazing. Makes me want to finish that basilisk tank I started pixelling

BTW - needs more guard ;)

5. ColdOneK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    idiocy error corrected

6. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Wow. Again that's fabulous.

7. ColdOneK

lol thanks =]
    doing a commissar soon

8. ColdOneK

When you do Imperial Guard, you need at least 2.
    1. The canon fodder.
    2. The commissar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: 1
    Fixed Veteran Sister of Battle - thanks to FreshSheet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit2: Just noticed the commissar is not quite finished - ignore black shoulder pads lol

Rrueya and Jonesy like this.
  9. wraithbone

wraithbone Pangalactic Porcupine

This thread is all kinds of awesome.

You guys also might want to consider breaking up your sprites so that the pieces can be modded into the game as armour!
    Also you will need to pose them, you will probably need each armour piece to be posed for each possible pose in the character creator. (AKA a lot of poses)

Also, no eldar love?... Y U no love space elves!? =)

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

How the hell was I able to miss seeing this thread? Great work. :up:

11. Ludinian

Ludinian Void-Bound Voyager

im a huge fan of 40k myself and i find your work here to be amazing! i was curious if it was possible to make a tau or kroot?

12. wraithbone

Indeed, we wont be happy until we see some pixel art of all the races, factions, chapters, legions, ordos, cults, regiments, septs, craftworlds, cabals, hive fleets, warbands, clades and tomb worlds. Not happy at all :).

13. wraithbone

Ah hah! My 40k art folder has some pixel art in it!
    I have gathered this stuff from forums I frequent over the years. I can take no credit for the artwork, but I hope it inspires us all:

Check out for really small Eldar pixel art.
    Same as above, but for SMs

Credit given where I can find it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Commisar by Schrodyus:
    [​IMG]

Dark Eldar by Gioil Cavaliere
    [​IMG]

Eldar Guardians by bananazgorrila
    [​IMG]

Grey Knight, Gioil Cavaliere:
    [​IMG]
    Basilisk by SteelJoe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mellanius (Leman Russ and Immolator):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rrueya and TenaciousTinkerer like this.
  14. kablump

kablump Industrial Terraformer

hmm your art is epicmazing for my tastes... Would you be willing to do something for me?
    40k inspired orc for a tabletop I play, think 40k orcs if they were super American, known as the Murri’khan clan of the Repummelic of Usa (Pronounced Oosa) They run around with fun and impractically giant weaponry on the backs of giant harley davidsons.

My particular character Is Ungol Slam, who holds a minigun with a mounted chainsaw, all of which is gasoline powered. He wears an Uncle Sam outfit with ripped sleaves and sports the beard and hat to boot. When he fires this minigun in the head of glorious battle bald eagles simply fly out of nowhere and start screeching.

A repummelic is just the the U.S. republic... but voting entails a large brawl in which the winning side of the brawl wins that particular vote.

thanks for actually taking the time to read this :D

Dzelda likes this.
  15. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sweet Emperor.... :cry: when I first saw the thread titled '40k' I was like "Nah, must be for something else". You sir, deserve a medal forged by the Adeptus Mechanicus! I hope Starbound has a mechanised vehicle that somewhat resembles a Penitent Engine! :megusta:

16. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I dont care if he reads that or not, but that doesnt sound too far off from how Americans live. :rofl: You sure theyre orcs? On another note, that was one of the most awesome replies I have ever read on an internet post. :rofl:

17. kablump

kablump Industrial Terraformer

Lol we americans are most definitely orcs.

I left out the part with the cigars they smoke. Theyre the size of kbars

18. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Sir, you need to make a book about this. if you do I swear I will read it. Thats something only matched by Salvadore. :rofl:

19. wraithbone

Judging by the responses to the sci-fi melee weapons thread 40k seems to be a thing for this community... =)

20. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Oh god this is so awesome...