1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound 3D

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Armorine1983, Nov 29, 2019.

?

would you like to see Chucklefish studious make Starbound in 3D

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

Is there anyone out there that would like to see this game made in 3D with a third person point of view? If they kept the graphics style as is (just updated to fit the 3D view better), i think it would work (it worked with Risk Of Rain 2). The most important part would be to keep the game easily accessible for when people make mods for it. I personally think it would make the game even more fun and never get tired of it for years to come, especially with mods.

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i think that would be fun, but it would not be a simple task. it would mean making an entirely new game that is even more complicated! :O

Armorine1983 likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Nah, I prefer seeing the game in 2D. I just wanted the gameplay to be more complex. There are a lot of things they can add to make it more than just a stack of content. I would like, if they add a more serious spaceship features and totally random events, like ship boarding, ship maintenance, ship gun turrets, battles, and many more things that usually happen in a spaceship. Basically, I think 3D for SB is not necessary, the game is good as it is, 2D.

Armorine1983 likes this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The thing is, by that point it'd be a brand new game. You'd have new gameplay on a new engine, almost certainly with a new art style to accommodate the shift in graphics.

That's not to say I wouldn't like to see a game like that, but it may as well be its own thing not beholden to Starbound.

Armorine1983 likes this.