1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound 1.4 Vault Codes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by iAdvanced, Jul 18, 2019.

1. iAdvanced

iAdvanced Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I'm having a good time with the new update. I think the bounty system is something that'll keep me going for a while, only one problem.

Some of the missions require you to search for a password for a 4-digit number lock. The earlier missions work fine, I beat them, but the later missions just give me... "<password>" upload_2019-7-18_3-56-48.png

Now you're probably thinking "Just go put it in then." Well, I can't.
    upload_2019-7-18_3-57-25.png

Is there something I'm supposed to look for? Because I tried searching the entire room and even going back to the previous place to see if I missed something but I've got nothing. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

MelOzone likes this.
  2. hyper nova

hyper nova Big Damn Hero

i have the same bug, i don't really know what causes it but it seems to happen at random, i've had to make new characters and redo all the missions to continue, before it just bugs out again and soft-locks my quests.

3. General Haflax

General Haflax Space Hobo

if you are okay using cheats then /warp into the room and i bellive killing anything that moves inside should continue the quest

4. hyper nova

hyper nova Big Damn Hero

i tried your suggestion but it looks like the keypad itself is the trigger for the needed item to be spawned/generated.

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Never experienced this one myself but try to show your starbound log so others can fix it for ye (not for me though,dunno any of that stuff)

6. VaporDust

VaporDust Space Hobo

I had a similar experience, but using a ferozium staff, I clipped through the wall and killed the NPC before the quest called for it and effectively soft-locked that quest.

7. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Yep, it needs the lock to be uhh unlocked then the next one will be the arresting > w>

8. MelOzone

MelOzone Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunately the quest is sometimes still bugged in this way (happened for me).
    The only possible known workaround is to abandon the quest entirely, then start another one and hope for the best.

VaporDust likes this.
  9. Shooterguy1220

Shooterguy1220 Void-Bound Voyager

I just ran into the same problem but when I got back to the locked door I looked in the containers again out of habit to loot everything. I found another quest item in a crate I am sure u looted the first time. After following this new quest I got my code... I am not sure if this will work for everyone maybe I was just lucky. But there it it.