Announcement Starbound 1.4: Bounty Hunter Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Jun 13, 2019.

1. vissio96

vissio96 Aquatic Astronaut

I was thinking of an idea for a new patch in starbound. It's a little thing. A new crew member for the space ship. Something like "messenger" or "quest giver" i dont know. But his/her job is give you interplanetary missions. Fight another space ship or defend someone in a plannet. If you complette the mission you receive a special reward... Like becoming the "protector" of the planet, who gives you money when you pass with your ship (sorry for my bad english).
    Another thing is specials passives when you beam down to a plannet with two crew members. Like Floran and Human give you more money when you kill a monster. But Floran and Apex give you more objects for killing monsters. So you decide what is the best combo for what are you looking for.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

How about name them "Radio Operator" or "Communication Operator?" They act as the communication expert of our ship, tapping on foreign signal, giving us useful intelligents. Therefore, they will occasionally offer us possible quest or mission. The more of them we have, the faster they will provide us.

3. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

How about also giving them their own work space? kinda like an office for em' but filled to the brim with Radio equipment and stuff.

4. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah, some kind of workbench specially for them. Like a radio station or something similar.

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I'd rather have the outpost rebuilt as the new protectorate base or something in which your idea of search and rescue can be put in there = w=

6. ⎛HYDRO⎞

⎛HYDRO⎞ Big Damn Hero

Hi to everyone! May I know if the game is supported? Should I wait for content updates? just recently I installed the game after a break of several years and fell in love, invited my girlfriend to the game. We would like to understand if any development of the project is expected.

7. Daikon Ocelot

Supported in what term?
    There's currently no content update being planned. They're still focusing on making the game fully functional on Xbox.

If you want to play the game, just play the game. Nothing new is to expected for the moment.

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I think anyone who still expects a content update for this game is an incredible optimist.
    Tbh I think the same of anyone who still expects the Xbox release, but hell, what do I know.

Beatrice, NuclearSlayer52 and Kawa like this.
  9. Catherine Franz

Right, still making on that Xbox thing, of course, they can't even make the pc version functional...
    I gave up on hoping they'd still continue this one already.

10. Ashtar084

Ashtar084 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want news on PC not on dmn Xbox.
    For example, fix performance for low computers.
    Make the game more clean.

Ty Devs this game is my favorite game for years❤️

11. Daikon Ocelot

They don't have any news about SB on PC nor any other platform. The game is still stuck on the attempt to improve its performance. They admit that the game itself is a bunch of mess. Now, they try to rework everything from the bottom to the top.

At least this is what I last heard about them.

12. Catherine Franz

A wise man once said:
    "Don't...Don't give me hope..."

Daikon Ocelot and Kawa like this.
  13. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah, don't hope to high, or you will hurt yourself when it falls.

tigerfestival likes this.
  14. BloodY_

BloodY_ Space Hobo

Hello, may I know if Starbound will be available on PS4?