Announcement Starbound 1.4: Bounty Hunter Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Existential Complex

Hehe unkown races...

2. Didy

Didy Void-Bound Voyager

've put my mac completely new with fresh os and with the quick update to 1.4.3, everything runs perfectly again
    thank to Catherine and dev's ❤️

Catherine Franz and Kawa like this.
  3. BDMike

BDMike Void-Bound Voyager

Holy moly! I haven't checked on this game in awhile since I lost access to a computer that could play it. Glad to see content is still being made. It seems like just yesterday when the engine was being rewritten and everyone was nervous there wouldn't be a game.

I still think its too bad the game turned into a more story-driven adventure-sandbox rather than focusing on just the sandbox aspect. There is TONS to do if you go the sandbox-survival route, but it was still hamstrung when monsters were no longer randomized, the temperature gauge was disabled permanently, and food was no longer stackable. Then there was the point where content updates were still being locked behind unrelated merchandise sales numbers, even though many people at that point had already bought the game. Good times.

I hope this really isn't the last update. I still can't play the game on my current setup, but someday I plan to actually play it in its entirety, build a base on every planet I land on, and see if I actually miss any of the things I just mentioned. Following this game's development hasn't always been positive, but it's been fun. Thanks for the memories, devs.

4. Catherine Franz

I think the story is just for those who like combat I guess (terraria vibessssss) and then BH update for the same types of players (Me ofc)
    It's prolly the motivator to explore too 'coz when we see a task, we want to complete it (RPG players,again me) 'coz there's that weird good feeling of completing a whole quest chain = w=

I'm the worst at building/creativity/imagination (unless they're sadistic)

5. Krabbe

Krabbe Big Damn Hero

You sir, have probably played Rimworld. am i correct?

Personally i like how the BH update made it much easier to get pixels making it actually possible to get some viechels or ores needed for some blocks

6. Catherine Franz

Never heard of those 3 uhh "NPCs"
    Nope never tried a simulation no no no I've never heard of dwarf fortress...who's random randy?

Krabbe likes this.
  7. I_Beest_the_Canon

I_Beest_the_Canon Intergalactic Tourist

Are future updates still in the plan??

8. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

doesn't look like it at the moment (they haven't said anything but that seems to be the norm for Chucklefish). The unstable edition on steam hasn't been updated in a while (when unstable edition gets updated frequently i noticed that Chucklefish is getting ready for a new version update for the main vanilla game).