Dev Blog Starbound 1.4 – Bounty Hunter Update [Unstable]

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a change log for the Unstable Starbound version on Steam. It seems to be updated at least once a week since the April 1.4 announcement.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

https://starbounder.org/Version_1.4.0

Also my diffs at http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/diffs/ which may be an update or two behind but despite what the wiki says are still being updated.

davoker, Pohany and Armorine1983 like this.
  3. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

So how many years do we think it’ll take for this to go from unstable to released?

4. glirp

glirp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't believe 1.4 is already on the unstable channel after only a couple of dev posts about it. I hope they are not rushing it.

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

It may be few but the dates are uhh far from every post > w> soo 'tiz not rushed

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

To be fair, 1.4 was announced a year+ ago and we assumed that production on 1.4 halted entirely but I don't think they ever came out and said it, though I think it was somewhat implied? We just assumed it was. Then they post a dev blog right about the same time as they release 1.4 to Unstable. Some people might have the impression that because 1.4 Unstable came out right after the dev blog, that it is being "rushed". But I don't think so.

That, and the 1.4 Dev Blog was... quite awhile ago so... this isn't a slapdash "throw it on the server asap" type deal. But then again I haven't played the 1.4 Unstable so I don't know how often the updates to it are coming, or how big said updates actually are.

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Xylia, I literally just noticed an update came down and I'm about to run my diffs on it.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Cool. Nice to hear that updates on the Unstable are still happening. When was the previous one?

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

AHh.. so..... May 30th to June 5. Exactly one week. Not bad.