Dev Blog Starbound 1.3 [UNSTABLE]

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 31, 2017.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

In-game games.

Kelthazan, Lodish and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  3. gto288

gto288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

call me DARTH CHEDDAR! May the cheese be with you

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Surenu likes this.
  4. BlackHawk185

BlackHawk185 Orbital Explorer

Anybody know how to obtain to the mech crafting station?

5. komodo52

komodo52 Void-Bound Voyager

Well we can certainly ask for space stations made out of cheese...

New mod Idea!!!

FrazzRazz, ChronoHyperion and Jonesy like this.
  6. Sairus323

Sairus323 Void-Bound Voyager

after playing for some time i think this is great update. but theres some problems:
    1) I didn't found where i can get station spawner, so I got it through commands
    2) The whole space station thing is great, but i think it's really lacks some more rooms for now... for example one-door core rooms, so we could build a station with not only corridors, but with real living quarters or tech zones or whatever you want to build.

7. Xovia_Harmile

Xovia_Harmile Orbital Explorer

Oh so I wasn't just blind... So what are the commands to get them?

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

visual novel engine? like, can we make our own cutscenes? or perhaps our own sprite profiles that talk!? what is this sorcery?!

9. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

There's a quest to obtain a station transponder available on certain NPC stations.

To clarify on (2), is the problem that the pieces show unused expansion slots, and you'd like to be able to remove/hide those slots for rooms you don't plan to expand from?

Kelthazan likes this.
  10. Xovia_Harmile

Xovia_Harmile Orbital Explorer

I hope so... All the possibilities, a scene where we launch cheese into space!!!

11. Sairus323

Sairus323 Void-Bound Voyager

Or something like that, yeah. the problem is I wanted to build the corridor and a room close to corridor wall, and I've could only build a ╝-like corridor...

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@metadept, for your consideration please look one page back if you haven't seen it yet~

13. ☥Neith☥

☥Neith☥ Master Chief

Awesome! Been waiting ever so patiently for this particular update forever! It may seem superfluous to some, but that little navigation change really makes a big diff to me. Can't wait to see what you guys have done with it, and can't wait to see what the community is almost surely to add to it!

Y'know, I still haven't "beat" Starbound yet, with 501 hrs (that's just what logged - there was a time back in koala where the launcher wasn't working for me). Campaign hasn't been completed, so I've seen no end-game dungeons, and outside of tinkering with colonies, I haven't built a fleshed-out one. Just been making my Neith mod, and enjoying the scenery and such.

Methinks this is going to be changing in the coming the weeks... and I am so excited! I haven't let a game slow-burn like this since... well, ever really, and I've enjoyed every second of it!
    <3 :) <3

Speed Lightning likes this.
  14. Blevruz

Blevruz Phantasmal Quasar

Neat stuff ! Can't wait to check it out !

Also, Perfect Armor was nerfed :(

15. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Ooooook, so here is what I really don't like (Just from the list, have not played):
    -"Remove gravity from asteroid fields" / "Asteroid fields now ring their stars and can be entered at any position": This sounds like a disaster for me; best case scenario being that I now have to use a rocket spear to get through my stations/ships, worst case they are ALL wiped.
    -"When opening inventory, first tab will be selected by default": That is probably my least used tab of them all. I need the blocks or furniture tab, not weapons and armour.
    -"Perfect armor set now slightly weaker than tier 6 crafted armors": I mean, I guess it's fair, but I really like that armour. I don't want it nerfed. Yes, I know that's a very weak point to make.

Here is what I DO very much like and which has not been mentioned (to my knowledge) in previous updates:
    -"Systems will now contain NPC stations, friendly and hostile NPC ships, and strange space anomalies to visit!": Ok, yes, that was pretty clear, but at least some of those had not been specifically confirmed. And they look fabulous!
    -"Mechs can also be deployed to planets, to crush your enemies with overwhelming firepower!": As many others here, I was hoping for this ability. Should be obvious why.
    -"Add rail tram vehicles and tram stop objects": Let's just hope we can make more stable systems with these.
    -"Made several block types permeable to liquids": I'm not sure what I am going to do with this, but I'm sure as hell going to do something.
    -"Cheese is now considered produce and players will be paid to launch it into space": Would have been worth it for that entry in the changelog alone.

16. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

So I go to Mexico and Find out my mom's phone has data reaching all the way down here. USCM and USCM mechas here I come.

17. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

As was mentioned in the notes, the behavior tree format has changed significantly. @Healthire could probably help if you need explanation.

18. Bookhorse

Bookhorse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When will it come to GOG?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yeah except this affected a vanilla boss fight too. Steps to reproduce: /spawnitem cultistboss 1 somewhere out of your line of sight, get within range and LOS, poof. @Healthire, what do you think?

20. zernoc56

zernoc56 Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, we could play Doom in Starbound?