Dev Blog Starbound 1.3 - Spacefarer Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Welp, looks like I'm GOING to have some kinda microstation going then. I admit I was originally planning on skipping the make-a-station mechanic for the most part, maybe play around with it with an alternate character for whom a space-base seemed more... thematically fitting, but it wasn't ever gonna figure heavily into my plans.

Hm. I can make this work thematically I think....

EVERY one? I mean, I tend to planet-hop so I've only singled out one of each type, occasionally changing the specific one depending on what they happen to have.
    Dang.

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I have like 100+ bookmarks, and in 1.2 I could have the important ones prefaced by the letter a to make sure I could find them within seconds, so I'm hoping that the devs either fix the bug or add a new way to categorize bookmarks. Either that, or the dungeons I've visited are going to have a bit of an apocalypse when I tear them down completely, all 80 or so of them.

3. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Not bad, but ordinary enemies are too weak even against the first mech. By the way, the drill can not destroy the background.

4. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Shame there isn't a map yet.

Well, there's always next time.

5. greenwiz29

greenwiz29 Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that. I bookmarked my starter base as AAA-Home, and it wound up in the middle of the list, under a couple "Hylotl town"'s I marked.

6. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

I use ! as a prefix for my important bookmarks. Worked really well without being too ugly. If they don't change it back (or add some other way to organize) it's gonna be real annoying.

7. greenwiz29

greenwiz29 Void-Bound Voyager

Steam Achievements work on Unstable, too. I've earned 10 of them so far, completely separate from my Stable-branch achievements.

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

So, I did think I noticed a change, but I saw the opposite of what you are describing :D

9. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

So I only got to play around with space/mech combat a bit last night, only in low-threat systems, but I'm not finding it too difficult.

I've only died once, and that was because I stupidly rushed into things and got ganged up on... which is a good way to die in just about any terrestrial danger zone until you've really maxed out your armor and stuff (and frankly even then it's risky), so points for consistency. Careful forward progression, watching for the red threat markers, and some use of the CTRL key to move the camera ahead (oh and x2 zoom level) will let you spot and attack most threats before they spot you and can react. And the starter drill is actually a REALLY effective close-range weapon that bounces bodyslamming foes back away from you, right into ranged-weapon range. Just don't rush in like a dipstick and you should be okay.

So far my only issue with mechs is the lack of custom slots. I legit REALLY LIKE the starter Floran mech body with its junkshop stylings and vines. It looks great in pink and green (shut up it does), and it matches PERFECTLY with the junkshop-looking Floran ship (especially the way I make the interiors) and the tacky-clutter of my home base. I don't WANT to lose that ramshackle aesthetic, but there's only one better-stat body with those same general looks and it's only really mid-grade stat-wise. I mean I don't much care about the looks of the legs and arms, but the body and thrusters, yeah, really do want more control over their looks.

DraikNova and DragonsForce like this.
  10. Opposite

Opposite Intergalactic Tourist

When will the dedicated server be released?

11. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Of course they can't. You can't right click with the drill since that just attacks with your other weapon duh

Kawa likes this.
  12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Although, to be honest, the mining laser DOES mine the background.... But only behind foreground blocks it mined.

13. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Can we get any kind of status report on GOG? It's been over 24 hours now and I'm starting to get a little concerned..

14. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I know why. I mean that this is bad.

PS For what purpose we have a horn? I want flashlight. :)

15. Dtight

Dtight Big Damn Hero

I got no mech reward after the testing mech quest :(

16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You don't get a mech reward as in a reward in your inventory, you get access to the mech station next to the little penguin, which comes pre-loaded with some basic mech parts.

17. Dtight

Dtight Big Damn Hero

There was no authorized person after whom I made the quest. I've looked

18. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Update! I love you so much ò0Ó

19. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Not an authorized person, the little crafting station in the underground area in the outpost, under Penguin Pete (the guy with whom you talk to fix your ship initially and who sells boats and hoverbikes), that's what your character is allowed to use after you finish the quest.

20. Dtight

Dtight Big Damn Hero

i know i was complete the quest "test drive" became "reward", became the next quest "Parts and Labour" und can´t use the crafting station im not authorized