Dev Blog Starbound 1.3 - Spacefarer Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

(Regarding Teleport bookmarks) If they're not alphabetical anymore, what order at they in?

2. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somewhere between randomized to most recent is my guess

3. Blevruz

Blevruz Phantasmal Quasar

Since I mostly play on a (mostly vanilla) server, this isn't really an option.
    Thanks for the suggestion though !

4. Knightborn27

Knightborn27 Space Hobo

so...um...after the 1.3 update all of my npc are gone, including the main mission npc. and also i was using mods before the update but that was fine until the update so...how do i fix this?

5. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

The teleporter bookmarks appear to be grouped by planet (Not type, but if you have several bookmarks on the same planet, they will appear grouped together). This leads me to believe that the order is based on some kind of planet-ID.

6. _BIO_

_BIO_ Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, mechs can move around the surface of the planet! It is a pity that they can not fly... probably
    Flying (and underwater) transports (or mounts) in the game is needed for good mobility! At least after passing the game, for convenience.
    In mods such is, but with a mods it is impossible to get on the server...

P.S. I'm glad that my old suggestion for asteroid rings was partially realized. Chucklefish team really listens to the players, thanks!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

hopefully the sorting is fixed for waypoints... maybe a button to sort them thats in graphics or in the menu but still clientside? i prefer the "X Avian I" system and related... or "X Avian Airship I" but that way cheeses the system to work good... mightve been names like "Z's base" or "A's Base" and ye... but imo this system worked good... like my testing for the corner coords of the starbound map (which reminds me i need to test it again now that its released as full game) and i names a planet waypoint "XXX Corner II" and... its not in the uselessness section of my waypoints... hopefully gets fixed or solved (fix=alphabetical, solve=sorting system aka by creation time or id or name, for anyone that joins between the times it was changed itd be better to use the solved solution)

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Did the colours of painted Heavy Pipes change? They seem more vibrant...

9. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

And again. The Humble version is spoiled. It can not be 800 megabytes.

10. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Could you be more specific? What doesn't work about the Humble version?

11. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I'm getting a useless Windows file. Not an archive, not an installer. And it is too small.

12. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Looks like the .zip just got cut off of the file name. If you rename it .zip it will work fine. The size is correct; it's smaller because it's compressed.

13. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Its worked, thanks. But I had to download it three times.

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I really like the way you stated this and pointed out that there's a difference between fixing the current issue and solving the core problem. Plus, if the actual solution you mentioned was implemented, it might actually open up the teleport bookmarks to let modders create tools for easier navigation (which would be great for someone who makes a lot of bookmarks like me).

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yeah, I have a boatload of warp-points. Each major section of Asgarden is marked by a Teleporter of Flag for quick travel, then I've got one of every type of village Flagged in case I'm feeling the need for some Crew or building inspiration, and some other points of interest like certain dungeon types. The warp-point window could definitely use an overhaul to
    1. Show more points in the window at once
    2. Let players sort said points via different methods (A-Z, by planet, by Flag/Teleporter, date, whatever)
    Also let us get the Lunar Base Platform in vanilla without going to /admin dangit aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

16. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

What I've always wanted on the teleport list is a filter field, like the crafting menu has. If they added that I could just about put up with any silly default sort they wanted,

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Oooh, I like that. I always use a "type" at the start of every warp-point name ("Asgarden", "Dungeon", "Village"), so that could be very helpful.

Mind you, I also tend to use a lot of temporary Flag warp-points simply named "a" when I need to jump back to the ship and offload some inventory, come back, and pull up the flag and move on. In cases like that, auto-alphabetization is super-helpful even with filters.

18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That last thing already exists now that the lunar base platform comes with your starting space station segment. As for bookmarks, what I'd really like is some sort of category system, so I can put all my really important stuff in one category, and then I can sort my massive structure bookmark spam (I bookmark every dungeon/village I come across so I can harvest them if I need to) by race. But yeah, a search/filter system would be great too, and the ability to choose the sort is nice, but not as immediately necessary as having ANY sort of proper sorting, which needs to be fixed ASAP.

19. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can I suggest to put stuff in asteroid fields?

20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

People have been complaining that painting now produces very faded colors rather than vibrant ones. Has everyone who has used the paint tool in 1.3 experienced it, or is it a bug?