Modding Discussion Starbound 1.3 has disabled mod configuration?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by xaliber, Jul 30, 2017.

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have noticed configuration has stopped working in mods like Improved Containers or Configurable Stack Size, which is kinda unfortunate.

I'm curious which part/which files of the new update disables the configuration? Is it hard-coded in the core game or can we take a peek at the assets? Just returned to modding after a few months, still catching up; been trying to find more information but hasn't found anything about this.

(in an unrelated note, are we still advised to use Tiled v.0.15.2 for dungeon creation?)

2. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Configurable Stack Size's patching the correct file, I don't see why it'd not work; not sure what configuration you're refering to about Improved Containers tho

(No, I believe the problem got patched a while ago)

xaliber likes this.
  3. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The root configuration is now not accessible anymore, presumably to prevent possible hacks. Many modders were using that to store data per user.

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

xaliber likes this.
  5. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah sorry, the problem with Configurable Stack Size is on my end. Shouldn't have messed with that before bed.

As for the info regarding rootConfig and dungeon, thanks for the clarification and alternative! Still trying to catch up with 1.3. :)