Dev Blog Starbound 1.3.1 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 19, 2017.

1. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Alright, I was indeed able to fix stations with commands, but it did require quite a few DungeoenID-specific /settileprotection x false commands. The generic "0" only unlocked most of the station walls; some blocks in the walls needed an unlock via DungeonID, then the space part that is still in the cube-shaped area the game thinks the part occupies, and then the space around the station.
    If you do not know how to do this:
    /admin => toggles admin mode; required for the other commands
    /debug => displays debug-info, including the dungeonID of the block your cursor is pointing towards
    /settileprotection x false => replace x with 0 or the dungeonID of the tile you want to unlock; unlocks the corresponding area. 0 is some kind of general location-based input, I'm not entiely sure about the specifics.
    /entityeval object.smash() => hover your cursor over the background image(s) or expansionslot(s) to remove them. Images should drop in itemform, expansionslots won't drop anything.

It should be noted that this still requires admin privileges, which means it is impossible to do for most people playing on a server.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    777JackOfBlades, Kawa and RancorSnp like this.
  2. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

GOG does things differently. There's nothing to be done about it

3. Ugicywapih

Ugicywapih Orbital Explorer

I guess the size of the area affected by the enviro controls would have to correspond to their price, you could always have different sized ECA variants with different prices. I like the idea of these ECAs being useful in creating puzzles, you could maybe add some extra functionalities, like ability to provide superhigh gravity, variable gravity vectors or ambient effects like ongoing healing or poison by spraying poison or healing water mist in the area. Of course those are all content ideas rather than technical fixes, so even if they were to get implemented (a somewhat dubious scenario, regrettably), I guess we'd have to wait for the next big patch to hit.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

What I would do: make the ECAs be wireable. When wired, they change the default gravity to what they're set to. When two conflict, they both shut off. That'd prevent issues with figuring out what the gravity should be.

Just adding this alone would basically allow for portal/portal-like platformer-style gameplay in challenge rooms or Miniknog space test chambers, where you can push buttons to turn one ECA off and another on and only being able to progress like that (with new blocks with the slippery parameter on them to prevent spike ball cheating, off course).

DragonsForce and Godbot like this.
  5. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I like that, although re-calculating the gravity every time a generator is turned on or of would probably be quite resource-intensive and could be used to grief servers.

6. fajoaq

fajoaq Void-Bound Voyager

How do we use the new setDungeonId binding? (What are it's paremeters..?)

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

According to the docs:
    Code:
    `DungeonId` world.setDungeonId(`RectI` tileArea, `DungeonId` dungeonId)

Sets the dungeonId of all tiles within the specified area.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I highly doubt much calculating would need to be done, since it'd pretty much just be a force area at worst. Which, now that I think of it, is a solution that could allow for issueless use of two generators at once.
    Anyway, server griefing of this kind could be solved by adding a server config option to disable the working of these generators.

9. fajoaq

fajoaq Void-Bound Voyager

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I found it in the game's folder. Specifically in /doc/lua/world.md

Also available on my server, http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/lua/world.html

11. Ky Shishigami

Ky Shishigami Void-Bound Voyager

Still no sign of Virorbs? C'mon guys, I've been hyped about them being implemented ever since the monster contest.

DraikNova likes this.
  12. xXchopliXx

xXchopliXx Void-Bound Voyager

From this update the game goes to jerk me, ie it has FPS downs to 0 for half a second and sometimes even lasts about 2 seconds.
    This happens every 20 or 30 seconds sometimes less and sometimes more.

Any solution?

PS: Sorry for my painful English, I'm using the google translator, since I do not know much.

13. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Blevruz likes this.
  14. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Fix passive monsters becoming aggressive when player engages hostile monsters
    That was a bug? I thought that was a feature.

15. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

"Lalalala, I'm a peaceful herbi-omg that guy is killing one of my natural predators. Die, human character! :c"
    that makes sense.

Xylia, Kawa and DragonsForce like this.
  16. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

That mod sadly doesn't work in 1.3 anymore.

Scival likes this.
  17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Blevruz and Kawa like this.
  18. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

That setdungeonId binding is really nice, it'll make testing custom structures/dungeons way more painless. Props!

I haven't dabbled with space station stuff recently, so I don't have any thoughts on the block placement change, but I can totally see where people are coming from with their upset. It's a feature that, I think, still needs time to be padded out with more content, like more custom shapes for rooms and the ability to choose the tile type for those rooms and shapes.

For everyone else who doesn't want to wait for that more content, or really wants that freedom with block placement, there's mods for that.
    You can be annoyed about the lack of features in vanilla until the cows come home from their interplanetary vacation, but change starts with you and your willingness to learn!

(This sentiment doesn't apply to vanity slots for mechs, because that seems easy enough to implement + matches vanity slots for clothes. Vanity slots for mechs, please.)

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@Marinebeast, I can totally dig why you'd want vanity slots on mechs but how would that work on the arm parts? If I put, let's say, a drill on the left actual slot and a laser gun in the newly-added left vanity slot, what do you think would happen if I use the left-hand weapon, and how many more complaints about said thing that would happen do you think we could expect?

20. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Easy, arms don't get vanity slots. We currently can't change the look of our character's weapons, so I would be fine with not being able to change the look of arms. I just don't want to be forced to fly around in a space donut all the time.