1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Starbound 1.0+] Tanz' Lighting Overhaul! 1.4.1

Overhauled lighting system with loads of customization!

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

TanzNukeTerror submitted a new mod:

Lighting Overhaul - Overhauled lighting system.

Read more about this mod...

2. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Great mod, I love the aesthetics of realistic shadows in exploration games like this.

I feel like there needs to be some way to still see deeper into blocks though so you aren't always digging mostly blind though. Maybe you could change flashlights so their light penetrates blocks deeper?

3. TanzNukeTerror

I lowered the penetration on ambient light, and will be lowering the penetration on point light. I like not being able to see where ores are, and the Matter Manipulator acts as a sort of scanner already. c:

I might release a separate .modpak without the darkness tweak, but that was half the reason I made the mod in the first place, so it's staying in the main mod. c:

4. TanzNukeTerror

5. TanzNukeTerror

6. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Tried it out with dark and I really like it, though I might play with medium or the default brightness from now on to get the atmospheric effects of those shadows. Great work. This has turned into something really amazing.

7. TanzNukeTerror

I personally use medium brightness and no pass-through.

Thanks! c: These last few days have been pretty crazy, getting customization and mod support out. Up late doing the write-ups and repacking so I can have something to send out in the morning and stuff. I didn't expect this to blow up like it has.

8. PotatoSS

PotatoSS Astral Cartographer

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Tanz's mod doesn't add recipes. Why would you assume your error was caused by Tanz's mod?

10. TanzNukeTerror

Ah, shit. Sorry. I'll fix this right away.

11. TanzNukeTerror

12. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Installed the latest version of this mod (1.2.2). Used patches for somepass and frackin' universe. This error occurs repeatedly throughout my starbound log:

[15:47:46.851] Error: Could not apply patch from backend: Main - TanzLO. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Cannot parse '' as index in Json path "/particleEmitter/particle/light/"

13. TanzNukeTerror

Fixed! c:

14. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Great job on making the game compatible with fracken! Will we see more mods added over time? Like perhaps the popular race mods Avali and Peglaci?

15. TanzNukeTerror

Yup! I'm not a huge fan of using expansive mods such as those, though. So mod support is added upon request. c:

16. TanzNukeTerror

17. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I used your point light edits in my Ore Plants mod. I hope you don't mind. I added a credit on the front page.

18. TanzNukeTerror

19. TanzNukeTerror

20. DiggleDugger

DiggleDugger Scruffy Nerf-Herder