Modding Help Star Wars Crystal Caves Mini Biome

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by srecinto, Jan 3, 2014.

1. srecinto

srecinto Big Damn Hero

So I have this mod here
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/weapons-of-star-wars.539/
    where you can craft your own Lightsabers, Blasters and Force Crystals with a Star Wars crafting table.

How I would like to enhance this mod is to create a mini biome of Crystal Caves (per planet?) where force crystals grow/are harvest-able to refine into force crystals used in lightsaber construction (makes you feel like you have really become one with the force ify ou do it this way instead of using dyes and diamonds).

Does anyone have a good idea where to start? I'm not new to modding and I am a pretty proficient developer so I dont mind getting my hands dirty in code / JSON configs. I'm just wondering if anyone has tackled custom mini biomes yet and can toss some tips my way.

Thanks guys!

2. devcutter

devcutter Zero Gravity Genie

you gotta make it under biomes tchek other files for reference then just edit what you need and also you gotta specify wich planet you want it to spawn in i think its also under biomes not sure otherwise its celestial.

then for your plants you have to make the plant itself then in biomes one of those file edit what spawn in that type of biome so just make sure that your plant actually grows in the biome

if you have questions you can add me on skype devcutter

srecinto likes this.
  3. srecinto

srecinto Big Damn Hero

Ahh good advice, I may ping you via skype. My handle is srecinto.

I will take a look today and keep you posted

4. neronix17

neronix17 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could also go about it by making a dungeon, the campground caves are dungeons and it would allow more control over the caves if you did that.