RP Star Veterans: Protostar

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Shark, Mar 29, 2014.

1. ((Hello, and welcome to the Star Veterans' in-character thread. If you're looking for our clan thread click here. You must be a member of the clan to post here..))
    ((For some backstory, click here.))

--
    The year is 43XX. Recently, a young man and his three friends have created a new organization, bent on purifying the galaxies, called "The Star Veterans'. With preparations finished, it is time for them to start recruiting members. From their humble, once vacant space station, dubbed the "Protostar", they send out a formal invitation asking for the attention of mercenaries, engineers, architects, doctors, pilots, and scholars who are pure of heart. The invitation will be heard from audio reception channels within the galaxy, and then bounced around to other channels in other galaxies.

"If you're still listening, you are either very talented or incredibly in over your head. We are the Star Veterans, looking for new clan members to join our forces against evil. Please send your notification of application to the following: 5247232136-9-4872 at X162 Y476."

Whoever responds to this signal will have a recruiter sent to evaluate them for the clan. On the tallest floor of the corporate building of Alpha Beta Tuc II A, the planet which the Protostar orbits, Shark* awaits word from his associates regarding any new recruits.

*Subject information*

Name: Michael Shark
    Race: Human
    Choice Weapon: Plasma-Lined Machete
    Skills: Leadership, Persuasion, Melee Combat, Theft
    Weaknesses: Omitted
    Division: Council
    Title: Clan Leader

The intercom in his office rings.

"Now who could this be.." he asks himself.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. Ketoth

Ketoth Phantasmal Quasar

Orbiting in a system somewhat far away Ketoth Walks to the Communications console and transmits a message in reply to the one he was relayed by a contact

"I took interest in your proposal good sir,This is Ketoth From the USCM Britannia,I suppose I should give you a reason to allow a battleship to warp into your system... but first I want to let you know that this ship poses no threat,it is my greatest work but several sub-systems are still Unfinished since I had to flee from my own construction yards,you see... I used to be a military engineer for one of the USCM resistance cells but our CO went psyc... well lets just say he was no longer fit for command and wished to use this ship as a weapon of mass destruction... I tried to explain the weapons are not usable for planetary bombardment but the idiot ignored me....I digress... In any way,I respond to your call erm... what was the name.... shar?shark! yes ..shark! .... I respond to your call sir and offer to you my ship and sword,will you accept us?"

*Subject information*
    Name: Ketoth
    Race: Human
    Choice Weapon: A small nimble mech suit meant for infantry combat and multitasking
    Skills: Bionic eye,Engineering/invention,piloting and strategy
    Weaknesses: completely helpless in combat situations without his mech and is quite
    rebellious when given orders he does not comprehend
    Division: Engineering
    Title: *none as of yet*

((how is this?))

3. Shark presses the button the intercom. A message plays.

"Hello, sir. You are not yet authorized to enter our system, please standby as we trace your signal and confirm your identity."

After typing vigorously on the keyboard at his desk, he confirms that this man is indeed who he says he is. Ketoth, should he be foe, couldn't do much harm while their anti-shipcraft missiles were armed and ready anyway.

"You are now authorized to enter our system, sir Ketoth. Welcome. We will be sending one of our men over to evaluate your skills and determine if your services will be useful to The Star Veterans. Expect someone to beam up to the Britannia within thirty minutes."

Once again into the intercom, Shark speaks, this time to the local channel;

"Dario, Shinisamu, Panda, I am leaving to evaluate a possible new accomplice. If any new applications come in when I am out, you may attend to them yourselves. Use your best judgement."

Shark heads down the upper floor staircase of the Council Building. He passes by the offices of his fellow council members on the way down, wondering if anyone is in their office taking a snooze. At the bottom of the staircase he arrives at the conference room, and heads out the back door to the security room. Now in the public part of the building, he slowly walks down the winding staircase of the east side of the building. Finally at the base of the building, he dashes to the TSC (teleportation spawn center), enters the Britannia's coordinates into a nearby control panel, and pushes a button on his wristwatch.

In an instant, he is gone. His body is split up into millions of little blue particles, traveling faster than the speed of light to their destination terminal. After only a fraction of a second, his body is now together again, but this time he's far, far away from the council building. Ketoth's ship is grand indeed, and Shark figures it must've taken him quite some time to build and perfect. Someone like this, he thinks, has a staggering amount of potential as an ally, a perfect start for the building division.

Behind him, he hears a voice speak a booming greeting: "Hello."

"Nice to meet you, Ketoth."

4. Ketoth

Ketoth Phantasmal Quasar

After transmitting his message Ketoth eagerly awaits for the response while reading a book,the moment the monitor confirms a received message he swiftly opens it to find that shark is about to teleport to the Britannia,he then heads to the security terminal and allows for any teleporter transmissions from the planetary system shark is about to come from and heads down to the main hallway to greet his potential new commander

As he reaches the teleporter room he hears the distinct sound of rematerialization,extends a hand upwards in greeting and says a simple "Hello" as he is not entirely sure of the procedures this man shall take

his simple greeting is received with a mysterious "Nice to meet you, Ketoth."

"I take it you are the shark correct? It is indeed quite nice to meet you sir"

Ketoth walks out of the grand corridor to the side of the teleporter room

"and welcome to the Britannia I must add"

5. MoonLitBlaze

MoonLitBlaze Big Damn Hero

*Sneaks on the Star Veterans main flag ship*