Star Quality of Animal Products vs. Sell Price of Artisan Goods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Nov 4, 2016.

1. nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Nothing sticks quite like working it out for yourself. :)

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you for working that up Luthien. :) I'm going to steal your homework now and run the numbers on aging cheeses with Rancher based on them.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

No problem, whatever helps sort things out. Go for it! :D

MrToni300 likes this.
        • Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Don't forget that Dino Eggs turn into Gold Mayo as well, so without artisan they're worth more then mayo, with artisan its a slight increase (just 49g more) over the base egg =.=

And at first glance i thought that chart was just an "handwriting" styled e-note thingy, jeez.... compared to my writings, which are more like hiroglyphs, thats super awesome :O

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Yeah I only looked at chicken eggs, I haven't worked my way up to ducks, void chickens or dinosaurs - it would be nice if between all of us we could get the numbers on all animal products.

MrToni300 likes this.
            • Magistrella

I threw out void chickens in my first post here - void mayo is always worth more then the eggs, no matter the quality of them.

For Dino eggs its the other way round. The egg selling for 350 asures the egg is totally worth selling it, unless you got artisan, which then increases the mayo to 399g =.=

Ducks, the same as void eggs, the base price for eggs is 95, the base for mayo 350 - i.e. no matter what quality the egg (even with rancher raising it to 114) the mayo will always be the more worthwhile one

^.~

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I apologize if this is hard to read or understand. I marked the items for a Rancher to sell rather than convert with a *. It's slightly different that the one Luthien ran due to not having the Rancher 20% price for the Cheeses (sorry, still an A on your homework though)

This is a basic run-down of how much exrta profit and profit per day you get by aging the various products as a Rancher into iridium quality Cheeses. I included the Iridium Wine for comparison purposes against the cheeses.

Item Price Conversion Days Profit Increase Total/Per Day

Sm. Milk 150g Cheese 220g 14 260g/18.6g
                Slvr Sm. Milk 187g Cheese 220g 14 260g/18.6g
                Gold Sm Milk 225g* Cheese 220g 14 255g/18.2g
                Irdm Sm. Milk 300g* Cheese 220g 14 180g/12.8g

L. Milk 228g G. Cheese 360g 7 120g/17.4g
                Slvr L. Milk 285g G. Cheese 360g 7 120g/17.4g
                Gold L. Milk 342g G. Cheese 360g 7 120g/17.4g
                Irdm L. Milk 456g* G. Cheese 360g 7 24g/3.4g

Goat Milk 270g Gt. Cheese 450g 14 450g/32.1g
                Slv Goat Milk 337g Gt. Cheese 450g 14 450g/32.1g
                Gld Goat Milk 405g Gt Cheese 450g 14 450g/32.1g
                Ir Goat Milk 540g* Gt Cheese 450g 14 360g/25.7g

L. G Milk 414g G.Gt. Cheese 674g 7 226g/32.3g
                Slv L. G Milk 517g G.Gt. Cheese 674g 7 226g/32.3g
                Gld L. G Milk 621g* G.Gt Cheese 674g 7 226g/32.3g
                Ir L. G Milk 828g* G.Gt Cheese 674g 7 72g/10.2g

Ancient Fruit Wine 1650g 56 1650/29.4

Edit: Ugh, text editors. I'll have to just make a spreadsheet and attach it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
                • Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp Starship Captain

All of the rancher prices should now be up on the wiki for the appropriate artisan items (Thanks to riqua/bryghtshadow for delving into the hellhole that is infobox)

LuthienNightwolf and nevyn21 like this.
                  • Magistrella

I made a quick spreadsheet for milk to compare Rancher/Artisan- want me to add more stuff or just leave it with milk&Cheese? :x

Click me!

/edit: Added Eggs for reference x,x

Edit #2: Just for comparison, Starfruit Wine aging is adding 56.25g/day - not a single cheese can do as well Ancient Fruit is 41,25g/day. Both values are with Artisan. Without its 40.17g/day and 29,46g/day. i.e. that aging goat cheese with rancher beats that by barely 3g/day, oh well...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
                      LuthienNightwolf and nevyn21 like this.
                    • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

So at a glance here's the products you should convert or sell raw for Rancher:

Convert to Artisan Good:

All Eggs
                      Regular and Silver Small Milk
                      Regular, Silver and Gold Large Milk
                      Regular, Silver and Gold Goat Milk
                      Regular, Silver and Gold Large Goat Milk
                      Regular, Silver, and Gold Truffles
                      Regular and Silver Wool

Products to sell raw:

Gold and Iridium Small Milk
                      Iridium Large Milk
                      Iridium Goat Milk
                      Iridium Large Goat Milk
                      Iridium Truffles
                      Gold and Iridium Wool

Converting or selling this way will allow a Rancher to squeeze the best profits out aging or not aging cheese. Although it should be noted that aging wines will do better than anything but aging goat cheese (based on ancient fruit wine, starfruit wine is better than even goat cheese).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
                      • Skip Sandwich

Skip Sandwich Void-Bound Voyager

Aging starfruit wine to Irridium quality gives a payout of 4500g every 56 days or 9000g per year per cask
                        Aging No-Star Goat Cheese to irridium Quality gives a payout of 750g every 14 days or 6000g per year per cask
                        Aging Gold-Star Goat Cheese to Irridium Quality gives a payout of 750g every 7 days or 12000g per year per cask.

So if you have a stable supply of Gold-Star Goat Cheese to feed into your casks (at least 16 per cask per year) then you make more profit from cheese then even Starfruit wine.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Iridium goat cheese is 900g with Rancher. I didn't work out the numbers per cask, only per use of a cask vs selling milk raw. Glad to know aging goat cheese is more profitable than wines with Rancher. Thanks. :)

• Magistrella

When going in calculating aging you can't consider the base or total end price into the /day profit for the aging process because you would've gotten the base price even by selling the product instantly.

In the end that means: Goat cheese gains 225g (with rancher) in 7 days - gold to iridium - and Starfruit Wine gains 2250g in 56 days (3150g with artisan) which is a 40,17g/day (56,25g/day with artisan) increase.

i.e. goat cheese is beat by a wooping 8g/day w/o artisan and 14g/day w/ artisan

so, no - you do not make more profit by aging cheese then throwing in 250 bottle of wine per year, sorry....

• Skip Sandwich

Skip Sandwich Void-Bound Voyager

@Magistrella
                              Okay, yeah, I see where my math was off now. Thanks for the correction!

Magistrella likes this.
                              • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Found another item with Rancher that you're better off selling. Truffles. An Iridium Truffle is 1250g for Rancher vs 1065g for Truffle Oil. No Rancher bonus to the Truffle Oil. I've updated my list.

• Magistrella

That only works if you went for Botanist, tho. Many people don't and silver/gold truffles arent even lose to 1k ><

• bobucles

bobucles Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are there any other money making talents for foraging? Botanist blows all the other talent options out of the water on its own. Pigs are just a silly OP bonus.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I do have botanist. That explains why my pig went straight to iridium truffles. :)

• Magistrella

otw to botanist you get the lvl 5 skill with a 20% chance to get a second item of the same quality. Works on truffles too, sometimes i get 4 truffles per day out of my 2 pigs... *cough*

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

I must have gotten some double harvests too then. Still, the 6 truffles from one pig is very nice. Maybe a little too nice.