1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Stained Glass, now for Upbeat Giraffe Stained Glass vUG2.1

Making your world prettier!

1. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

Sevidra submitted a new mod:

Stained Glass - Making your world prettier!

Read more about this mod...

Screenshots! Now available in the 'read more' section.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Sevidra

Sevidra updated WIP - Stained Glass with a new update entry:

Stained Glass

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Sevidra

4. tynaut

tynaut Sandwich Man

Are you planning on adding glass that has patterns to it, or variations? I really wanted some stained glass in my home, and I started working on my own, but I've been so busy with other mods, I haven't made much progress. I just thought it would be cool if there were variations on colors, and you could see more than full squares of color.

5. Sevidra

I might. I made it with the intention of building pixel-art style cathedral windows. Tiles can't be made more than 1X1, so any smaller stained-glass variations would have to be jury-rigged to function properly.

I could probably manage 2-color ones without having it be too small to see, but much more than that and it gets so tiny you can't see anything anyway. :/

The only alternative I can think of would be a system of 'window1row1', 'window1row2' type items, which is kind of ugly in implementation.

-Sevi

6. Sevidra

Sevidra updated Stained Glass with a new update entry:

Stained Glass + ISE Compat.

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. ct121rl

ct121rl Space Spelunker

Are there any dependencies or known conflicts/errors with this mod? I keep getting an error (screenshot attached). This is on a fresh install with no other mods installed.

stained glass error.jpg

8. Sevidra

That looks like you're using the ISE-compatible mod without ISE installed.

If you don't have Industrialization, you MUST use the non-ISE compatible version of the mod. Tin ore is an ISE mod, not one of mine.

-Sevi

To reiterate instructions:

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE Industrialization mod as well as this one: Take the Stained Glass 1.0.2 folder out of the zip and put it into your mods folder. IGNORE the one labeled 'ISE compatibility'.

IF YOU HAVE Industrialization: Use the one labeled ISE compat, and ignore the one that isn't. It will have a dependency on ISE.

9. ct121rl

ct121rl Space Spelunker

Thank you for the reply. I made sure that I was using the non-ISE version since I'm not using that mod. I'll try it again to see.

10. ct121rl

ct121rl Space Spelunker

Nope, I definitely get the error using the non-ISE version. I tried the ISE one just to be sure and I got a standard "Mod "Stained Glass" is missing dependency "industrialization" error.

11. Sevidra

12. Sevidra

13. ct121rl

ct121rl Space Spelunker

14. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

So err whats the difference between this and just painting the glass with the paint tool?

15. Sevidra

Well, for one, the glass is a different texture. I don't have the lines that are on the normal glass - mine is just transparent. For another, the paint tool makes solid colors, no? Wouldn't it only do certain colors, and those not really transparent? My glass comes in a lot of colors. Also, my glass is made in the game, in appropriate workspaces for glassworking. Basically, it's an addition to the game, rather than a simple recolor.

Those are the big differences. :)

-Sevi

16. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

I've had this mod for some time now but finally getting around to using it :) it would be cool to see the same pattern on the colored glass as you do the other glass :) and maybe some smokey gray glass or black(ish) glass?

great mod tho :) I like it!

17. Sevidra

Get to tier 10 (impervium) and you get both gray and black glass. :)

Glad you like the mod!

-Sevi

18. Aerebes

Aerebes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, for some reason, the Ore grinder acts as a foreground block for me in that I cannot actually walk through it, I checked the code and it seemed to be mostly copied from the stone furnace which can be walked through, any ideas on why this occurs?

Edit: Scratch that, it only occurs while on top of another object and against the ceiling. I believe that is an issue with the game itself though

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  19. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

yeah it's awesome :) but.... been meaning to ask this for a while... I started this mod already having unlocked impervium, and I'm not seeing any higher tiers for glass making. I tried hitting all my tech upgrades again, but still nothing.

20. Sevidra

hmmm I haven't had that problem. I tried with old chars and had no issues when I re-used my upgrades. Are you modded with other mods maybe?