Stackoverflow exception causing game to not load, Help!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Twistfaria, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Twistfaria

Twistfaria Void-Bound Voyager

Not entirely sure where to post this.
    I've been having this issue where my game will stop being able to load. I don't really even get a proper SMAPI error log as it just suddenly terminates. It happens when I try and load a save file. I have a auto backup mod so I am able to revert back to a save that works a few days before but inevitably it happens again a few SDV days later. I have MANY mods installed and I am assuming that a combination of the mods or how I am using them is causing this issue. I know that stackoverflow has something to do with it using up too much memory but have no idea how to actually solve that problem. I have done many mod removal attempts to see if I could get the failed saves to ever actually load but have not been able to. It seems to fail right as it is about to load the house, I actually see a dim house interior before SMAPI shuts itself down.

Here is Summer day 26 that WILL load: https://log.smapi.io/ugKB5n15
    Here is Summer day 28 that will NOT load: https://log.smapi.io/Rcxvr65U

Day 27 actually won't load either but I forgot to save that log. If it is needed I can go pull that save game.
    It seems like the most obvious difference is that the house was upgraded in that day. Not sure why this would cause an issue or if it is just coincidence. ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated. It's hard to keep playing when I know that eventually I'll have to close the game and then lose all my work. I've been sick and SDV has kept me distracted.

I believe all my mods are up to date. The ones showing in the list, I believe, have alternate versions that make the update version numbers incorrect.

Thanks for your help!!

• Twistfaria

OK I'm now positive that this has something to do with the house upgrading! I went back in and played several days without upgrading the house and they all would load up just fine. I had this idea that it was happening because I had too many machines (many from mods) in my house and it didn't like to load them when the house upgraded and changed. So I went in and removed all chests, machines and items in the house except the normal furniture and the stuff in the fridge and played that day out and then tried to reload the first day with the new house upgrade and it STILL will NOT load! At this point I have no idea what is even going on. I also thought it might be caused by using the faster building mod but I specifically didn't utilize it for this upgrade. I'm out of ideas short of never upgrading my house. Again any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• Twistfaria

OK now I'm totally positive that it is the house upgrade that is causing this issue. I have gone in and edited the save game file to ONLY change the level of house upgrades and with (1) it loads and with (2)or(3) it fails the load. I also started two new games one running SMAPI with my mods and one without. After editing their save files to give an upgraded house the one with mods failed to load at (2) house upgrade but the non modded version loaded just fine. This is infuriating!! I've been going over and over my mod list looking for some kind of conflict but it seems that the only mods I have that effect the inside of the house are the ones by ACE and it won't load even if I remove those mods. Clearly there is something I'm missing but I'm just not seeing it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does that still happen if you remove NPC Map Locations temporarily? There seems to be an interaction between MTN and NPC Map Locations that causes that; I think the authors are already looking into it.

• Twistfaria

Good Lord!! That worked. Thank you so much Pathoschild!! I can't believe how much time and energy I wasted looking for a solution to have it be that simple. That is the last mod I would imagine would cause this type of weirdness. At least it's a mod I can live without for the time being. Thanks again!