stack inventory items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skinflint, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Kegs, Bee Houses, Lightning Rods, Crystalariums, etc. would be so much less of a pain to manage if they stacked in the Backpack and Chests! CA mentioned QoL in the 1.4 that's in works, and I sure hope this is included.

• Gandalor 75

Gandalor 75 Star Wrangler

Yes they would be less of a pain but that would also break an amount of realism that may be too.much. And before anyone jumps on my about the game already not being realistic I know there is magic and no one could actually carry a thousand pumpkins in their pack but that could be one of the reasons has hasn't implemented something like the PC stack everything mod. Because it just seems a bit ludicrous for an in game perspective to carry a thousand+ furnaces made of metal on your back. Maybe if it was like a special end game ability from the wizard. Like an enchantment that he can put on your backpack or something. Or a special Iridium backpack that is crafted from obscene numbers of high level monster parts and iridium ore. So I guess what I am trying to say is I can see why it is desirable and how it could be implemented but I think it would just make the game a little more weird than it is trying to be.

WilliamZ likes this.
      • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would be happy with crafted but non-item stuff only, like Bee Houses, Kegs, Jars, Scarecrows, ornamental plants, that kind of thing, if the concern is game balance. My request really is only because wrangling stuff around the farm is so needlessly painful.

I'm sure you're right about the rationale and respect CA's choices—I'd use the Stack Everything mod if mods were a thing on iOS, the only platform available to me—but I wonder if it wouldn't alter the experience too much if limited to non-cheatable-ish stuff.

Gandalor 75 likes this.