[STABLE] Glad Giraffe Update 2

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 15, 2015.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

not sure if this has been said yet but if you are to close to a door you can shot past it when its closed like shoot like if the guns front is past the door when its closed you can shoot into the room

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Some antivirus programs detect false positives with the game files. If you downloaded the game legitimately (through Steam) then verify your game files (if you don't have a legit copy then it probably is infected), if you're still getting a warning after that just add an exception for it in the anitvirus program.

For anyone who might be crashing, please make a thread in the Support forum. You're not going to get much help here (if any) by piggybacking onto another (unrelated) thread. Don't forget to post a copy of your starbound.log and screenshots (if necessary) when you create your thread.

mollygos likes this.
  3. NovaTyphoon

NovaTyphoon Void-Bound Voyager

I also have been experiencing bugs with the tech, for example the rocket jump, which is only jumps as high as the normal jump.

4. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

thanks for the fix i really appreciate it

5. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Made a bug report on the support forums regarding the FPS issues, it seems Starbound does not want to use my CPU/GPU to their fullest....

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  6. jarren

jarren Void-Bound Voyager

I cant seem to teleport down to some planet planet types for some reason?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. emeraldgreen72

i was doing a colony quest and i opened a gift pouch to find that i got a gun that did zero damage per shot

8. CustomTurnip

CustomTurnip Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this is intended but none of the Aegisalt or Ferozium guns have specials on them (right click things) but thanks for the update! :D

9. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

Are any of the unique monsters passive? So far the only ones I've encountered are hostile.

10. Amarok145

Amarok145 Void-Bound Voyager

Im using a Macbook OSX 10.10 Yosemite... I have all the requirements for the game, I redownloaded it through steam twice, I tried disabling the steam overlay, I've removed all mods and all data and tried redownloading, disabled nightly builds, etc etc. I've tried everything. The game takes 10 years to load and even after all of that my game is still at Upbeat Giraffe. Help? I'm just trying to play the latest stable update, Glad Giraffe.After everything it took about 30 minutes to load with still no update... Anyways...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  11. Butters759

Butters759 Void-Bound Voyager

How about getting a Hotfix for the Fps drop problems! i think most of us are experiencing this same issue.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  12. mecha567

mecha567 Void-Bound Voyager

when are you going to add mechs

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

They already have. Three of them. Whether or not that can be accessed jn current vanilla gameplay is another story.

14. emeraldgreen72

also no one fixed the awesome music carry over glitch where you play one thing like a music box and then switch to another thing like a flute and the music from the music box transfers to the flute

15. mecha567

mecha567 Void-Bound Voyager

thanks il command them in

16. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

Sooo.... No one else dislikes the fact that the turrets were reverted?

Unsure if a bug, but the Defense Turrets are back to when they first came out. As in I cannot place a gun in them anymore and have them use that gun. They deal 5-10 damage a shot on late-tier monsters, making them practically useless once again.

I got all this ferozium to make enough rifles to fit enough turrets to make an Imperial Star Destroyer jealous.

17. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's not a bug, it's just that guns use an entirely different system now, so Chucklefish had to make a call ablut turrets - either spend a lot of time updating them to work with the new gun system or just have them function autonomously. They chose the latter.