WIP Squaredew Valley (Square Enix Characters)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by sxfighter, Sep 9, 2016.

?

Do you prefer to get more antagonist characters or stick with protagonists for the most part?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2016.
  1. More antagonists!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Mostly protagonists.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Keep it equal

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. sxfighter

sxfighter Void-Bound Voyager

Squaredew Valley Logo2.jpg
    The Square Enix Character Replacement Mod
    Featuring characters from Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts

:paper: The Story:

People from different worlds and times are gathering, but they're not travelers. These poor souls were taken from their homes, and brought together by a (probably) malignant will.

You find yourself and your fellow prisoners in a dream-like town with no obvious escape. No one else seems to be fully aware of the situation and live life like you'd expect.

It's up to you to not give a flip and just enjoy the company!

This mod replaces the villagers and monsters of Stardew Valley with characters from different Square Enix franchises. Feel free to request anyone or anything from a Square game.

(Keep in mind that this is going to be Nomura-centric, so get ready to live your belt and zipper dreams.)

KH Logo.png
    Sora

| KH[​IMG](Sam) | CoM[​IMG](Sam) | KH Vampire Form[​IMG](Sebastian or Wizard) | KH2[​IMG](Sam) | Limit Form[​IMG](Sam) | KH2 Vampire Form[​IMG](Sebastian or Wizard) |

Planned Environmental Themes:
    | Destiny Island (Nature) | Traverse Town (Pelican Town) | Hollow Bastion (Wizard's Tower)

FFX_Logo_SV.png
    Al Bhed

|PARTY AHAHAH![​IMG](Sebastian) | Cid[​IMG](Demetrius) |

Crusaders

| Chappu[​IMG](Sam) |

Guado

| Seymour[​IMG](Elliot/Leah'sEx) | Jyscal[​IMG](Krobus) |

Yevon

| Lord Ohalland[​IMG](George) | Lady Yokun[​IMG](Evelyn) | Shelinda[​IMG](Emily) | Yunalesca[​IMG](Witch) | Yuna[​IMG](Leah) | Yuna -Amano-[​IMG](Leah) | Auron[​IMG](Marlon) | Barthello[​IMG](Bouncer) | Belgemine[​IMG](Robin) |

Ronso

| Biran[​IMG](Clint) |

Aeons

| Shiva[​IMG](Wizard) |

Fiends

| Bomb[​IMG](Squid Kid) |

Other

| Onion Knight[​IMG](Vincent) | Borra[​IMG](Mr. Qi) |

Planned Environmental Themes: | Macalania Woods (Nature) | Besaid (Beach) | Luca (Pelican Town) | Remiem Temple (Wizard's Tower) |
    Promo.png
    Empty spots to be filled with X-2 characters. - Most of these portraits are early versions and subject to improvements.

FFVIII_Logo.png

Galbadian Army

| G-Soldier[​IMG](Skeleton) | G-Soldier Elite/Biggs[​IMG](Void Spirit/Krobus) | G-Paratrooper[​IMG](Shadow Brutes) |

Up next:
    :gooby:
    JK:giggle:

*Open to requests within the Square multiverse*

All "single" characters are 18 or older at the time of abduction, they can have old outfits and hairstyles because they're in a false realm that is influenced by their memories. They remain physically and mentally 18+. (There ya go, nothing controversial here right?) :up:

Plans:
    -Dialogue changes coming soon.

-All NPC's to be replace-able, with multiple replacement character and outfit choices for each.

-Replacers for animals, monsters, items, and scenery are all vague possibilities.

-If I'm able to figure it out, I will add extra NPC's and even enemies (if possible.)

-I might do PC hairstyles and clothes in the future but we'll just see what happens.

-This may become a JRPG thread, rather than being limited to Square, later on. Please only make Square/Enix requests until then.

Recommended:
    Dreamlike's portraits and Lightning replacers.

tearoppai's "Horse Replacement Chocobo"
    or
    NachoDevs' "Chocobos Mod!"

Alaswing's "Dog Replacement Nanaki (Red XIII from FFVII)"
    or
    DarkKassanova's "Cactaur (Pet Replacer)" (Only use cat version to have both installed at once)

literallybyronic's "Mythic Music" (Contains some music from FFVIII)
    or
    EpicAdventure's "Chrono" (Music from the Chrono series)

sheetcakeghost's Chrono Trigger Cat replacements for toddlers

Thanks To:
    Square Enix! Rights to these awesome characters belong to them. :3

Tetsuya Nomura for being awesome. :love:

Maybe Disney, but who cares. I'll just say "Thank Dis Knee," and kick them. :lod: Well, ok thanks to the artists that made cool things under Disney's employ. :cookie:

:up: Nemu for ripping Chain of Memories sprites which I used for reference, palette, and portraits.

Kakarouko for their KHII Sora CoM-style sprite.

eldi13 for their Final Fantasy logo vectors.

:monkey:ConcernedApe not only for a moddable game, but a game worth modding.

[​IMG] Please download at the Nexus, here.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    • Blooper8484

Blooper8484 Starship Captain

This looks really good! Can't wait to see the other characters you choose

sxfighter likes this.
      • sxfighter

Thanks a lot!

Before moving on to the next character, here's a sampler of Sora's different outfits that you'll be able to choose from in the future:
        Sora Preview Sheet.png
        In order from left to right:
        Top Row: KH, CoM, and Vampire Form (Halloween Town KH1)
        Bottom Row: KH2, Limit Form (KH2FM), and Vampire Form (Halloween Town KH2)

I'd like to do FFX Yuna next but we'll see what I can do with her portrait.

Edit: Yuna portraits done, I'd love some constructive criticism on that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
          Zalkyria likes this.
        • Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

Not bad at all I like the whole Yuna (Leah) art some people might like this but good luck with this one.

• AshesNeigh

AshesNeigh Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is amazing, the amount of time and energy you've put into this already is awe inspiring. I saw this on Nexus today and literally gasped aloud. Thank you so very much for this awesome mod!!! I am watching this thread and endorsing your mod on Nexus, can't wait to see what other additions you will include in the future. This is a ambitious project, but I'm definitely going to keep my eye on it!

I'm actually surprised your initial replacement for Sam wasn't Cloud from FF7 considering the whole blond guy thing they have going! Actually I'm sure if anyone else runs in here after me they would likely ask for Sephiroth, Aeris or Vincent from FF7. (not going to lie Vincent is moody and angsty enough to be in the running with Sebastion lol. I also admit Fifa and Barrett would look mighty good at the bar haha.) But I like the direction you're going in a lot with the cross of stories and worlds! Either way this is a awesome project and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

(Seriously you are really the GOAT for this mod)

• sxfighter

Thanks, some of it could use some editing but I'm pretty happy with how Yuna turned out. Her portraits are my personal favorites thus far.

Thanks a lot, I do have a lot of time already sunk into it but it's been enjoyable, and seeing these characters in a new light is a great payoff. I really appreciate your kind words and support, I hope future releases don't disappoint!

You can say ambitious again, as of Oct. 4 I have decided to do total replacements for each Square game series starting with FFX|X-2. In this case, that means that every NPC (and some monsters/items/animals) will have a replacement for each series. Keeping in mind that not every series will have enough applicable characters. This way each user will have multiple replacement choices for each character, you can mix and match games or not. It'll be a very modular experience. I'm playing through the entire Square library simultaneously to have a fresh memory of the characters.

FF7 isn't my favorite Square game or even my favorite FF, this started as a one-off because I wanted to try making Sora. Another reason I didn't initially make Cloud is because Dreamlike has already made a portrait for Sam that's based on Cloud. That being said, after I finish playing through X|X-2 I'll probably go through the VII series (BC, CC, VII, LO, DC, OWS, AC, and LBT) mostly due to the fact that I don't want to deal with every third comment being a FFVII request. Although I would like input on who should replace who.

Today or tomorrow I'll be releasing a preview based on the SV Character Wiki page for the FFX characters showing who will replace who, I'll also probably update this page to have everything the Nexus page does.