Modding Discussion Spriter, looking for work

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SeaworthySponge, Sep 19, 2018.

1. SeaworthySponge

SeaworthySponge And Do the MONKEY!

no need to pay me

i suck at race sprites but i'm good at weapons/objects/vehicles
    I use aseprite

Just request sprites haha yes

2. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

Would you be interested in trying your hand at designing stasis pods for the remaining races, and/or for revising/improving the existing ones for my mod, Stasis Pods?

I've been trying to make a Floran pod off and on; I had the idea of covering it in plants like the Floran ship so that it looks partially grown, but I am not much of an artist and am having a lot of trouble with it.

3. SeaworthySponge

sounds good, do you just want the floran pod or pods for more races?

4. The Avelon

All vanilla races when it's all said and done - Floran, Novakid, and Human are still left to do and of course the existing ones are not perfect. However many you feel like doing, credit will be written into the files for any that you did the art for (and of course credit posted in the description for the mod). :)

5. SeaworthySponge

Screenshot (51).png Screenshot (50).png

Attached Files:

6. The Avelon

I like the concept on the human pod quite a lot! What are the chances of getting you to make a 32x64 version of that pod style using the in-game human palette? I'm trying to match the art style as closely as I can so the pods look like Chucklefish made them. :)

The Hylotl pod's got some nice curves (hurr hurr!) on it too. I've got one already but it could stand to be reworked... Would you like a copy of my current worksheet? It has the palettes for each race laid out and the broken down pieces of the pods I've made so far. If you can improve those designs or just incorporate the base palettes into your designs I think the mod would benefit greatly.

Thanks for taking the time to do this!

7. SeaworthySponge

yes, i'd like your old designs to reference off of. i'll probably try to improve these in the future, too.
    also I will try to make the human pod more like the human ship

8. The Avelon

Hey, sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread in several days. I accidentally marked it as read on Friday and didn't have time to reply at the time. I'll send you a message to transfer the worksheet.

9. The Avelon

Here it is. Sorry that took so long!

Attached Files:

10. SeaworthySponge

i can't use winzip
    i'm also currently trying to load the starbound aseprite palette, if you know anything about this please explain how to do it

11. The Avelon

I'm not sure that there is a fixed palette. There are several .png assets with specific palettes and there are programs that can reduce PNG palettes to what is used in the image to lower file sizes, but that's all I know about that. There was a tutorial thread for how to use a specific program I ran into a while back which does that.

Which archive format can you use if not .zip? I think if I just insert the image here it might get resized. I'll try it anyway.

Attached Files: