1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Sprite sheet

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Chanthecat, Nov 29, 2013.

1. RaveTuba

RaveTuba Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've also though about starting to take off the sprites from RoR, I'm a big fan of this game.
    Here is what I've managed to take out so far.
    There's still some work to do on these, so feel free to use them if intended.
    sprites.png

(thanks in advance for the work that already has been made)

SangVn and Chanthecat like this.
    • RaveTuba

I've collected all the sprites that were on this forum and some more from a bit more work from myself and placed it all on one image, with the right resolution,
      Credits for most of these goes to who worked on them, a big thank you from me to everyone.
      all.png

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
        SangVn, MrPf1ster and Syviery like this.
      • MrPf1ster

MrPf1ster Guest

Thanks! This post has lots of potential! I'll share the monster log portraits that I screencapped for my save editor.
        Also you forgot Ifrit running and Scavanger, though its still a good collection.

Ancient Wisp:
        [​IMG]
        Bighorn (ithinkthatsname):
        [​IMG]
        Mother Boar:
        [​IMG]
        Child:
        [​IMG]
        Clay Man:
        [​IMG]
        Colossus:
        [​IMG]
        Cremator:
        [​IMG]
        Elder Lemurian:
        [​IMG]
        Evolved Lemurian:
        [​IMG]
        Greater Wisp:
        [​IMG]
        Ifrit:
        [​IMG]
        Imp Overlord:
        [​IMG]
        Imp:
        [​IMG]
        Lemurian:
        [​IMG]
        JellyFish:
        [​IMG]
        Lesser Wisp:
        [​IMG]
        Magma Worm:
        [​IMG]
        Robot Spider:
        [​IMG]
        Mushroom:
        [​IMG]
        Parent:
        [​IMG]
        FinalBossGuyIForgotNameSomethingLikeProminence:
        [​IMG]
        Temple Guard:
        [​IMG]
        Stone Golem:
        [​IMG]
        Sand Crab:
        [​IMG]
        Scavanger:
        [​IMG]
        Gup:
        [​IMG]
        FuckIfIKnow:
        [​IMG]
        Tiny Imp:
        [​IMG]
        Wandering Vagrant:
        [​IMG]
        Whorl:
        [​IMG]

They're not perfect rips (some of them have a bit of border sticking out, some are at a different resolution for some reason.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
        • meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

1.bighorn bison
          2.toxic beast
          3.just wisp
          4.mechanical spider
          5.mushrum
          6.providence
          7.penis a.k.a spitter

• deanofitz

deanofitz Space Hobo

Hi guys,
            I'm currently trying to make a game using sprite sheets but am getting very frustrated as when it comes to it being animated the animations jerks weirdly (a pixel to the left randomly then to the right) I'm obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what could I please get some advice on the best way of making them. This is my sprite sheet thank you in advance... it is driving me a little bit crazy. I created these in photoshop. Hopefully posted in the right place :)

Attached Files:

• Brisi

Brisi Space Hobo

Anyone know if it's possible to modify the ingame sprites?

• RiokuTheSlayer

RiokuTheSlayer Phantasmal Quasar

It's not. The game isn't Open Source, and it's extremely hard to crack since it's made in GM.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

there's a GM 8 decompiler

• RiokuTheSlayer

And It doesn't work for RoR. I'm literally trying it as we speak. It decompiles, but the .gm81 file doesn't open in GM:S, and GM8.1 doesn't even open for me.

• RiokuTheSlayer

Although... It actually does appear to be loading everything. It just stops at some point and says that it's corrupted. If someone could game it so it would ignore that, I guarantee it'd be able to do it..

• RiokuTheSlayer

SCREW IT NOT WORKING. boom. I got aaaaaallll the source code and sprites, right here for everyone.

Now to figure out how to run GM WITHOUT admin permissions...

• HWExtreme

HWExtreme Yeah, You!

• RaveTuba

With some tweets over the Game Maker decompiler I've also managed to reach the ingame sprites.
                          So far, it's not possible from my side to recompile the game and play it. But all the sprites are in there and I have access to them.

I'm a bit conflicted over copyright and my own ethnical respect towards the original devs, so I'm not going to cut away all the sprites and place them here,
                          If anyone wishes somethis specific I'd be more than welcome to try and help. Though I understand that if the devs didn't make the game open source from the start, I have no right to do so myself.

• RaveTuba

So,

2 hours of work on game maker's interface, and I have all 997 individual png sprite sheets.

With around a dozen unused ones and a few new boss concepts and characters that I've seen in there. I'm truly hyped over the new update *w*
                            Cudos to all the devs! I'm over my toes wondering when the next update will take place. sSuckerLove_strip9.gif

• Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

If you can rip sprites, can you replace them and make the game look different? *u*

• Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

O.O WAIT WAT NOW

• RaveTuba

As I stated and as user "RiokuTheSlayer" has also depared,
                                  Decompiling the exe using a game maker decompiler does let you acces all the internal coding and sprites.
                                  Though to my inexperience with game making, as it recompiles the exe, the game doesn't run.
                                  Though all the effort is pushing towards that.

And, on another note, (since I can't seem to post this on a seperate post for some reason)

To uncover the biggest conspiracy in Risk of Rain!
                                  The secrets of Cremator's identity is revealed.
                                  Considering the file name is "sTurtleIdle", I ease all of our minds:
                                  sTurtleIdle_strip7_x3.gif
                                  Cremator is actually a Turtle.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
                                  • Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Yes, of course it is. What did you ecxpect it to be?

Daimera, Fox0427 and Owl_Stalker like this.