WIP Sprite-Accurate Alex [Art]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Unassuming Obelisk, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

Someone messaged me and requested a more sprite accurate portrait for alex, so I figured I'd just post it in its own thread, in case anyone else wants it.
    -Preview-
    Alex Fringe.png
    Below are some of the other expressions used in-game.

Alex Fringe Annoyed.png Alex Fringe Blush.png Alex Fringe Concerned.png Alex Fringe Workout Concerned.png Alex Fringe Eating.png Alex fringe happy.png Alex Fringe Neutral.png Alex Fringe Workout.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
      scrptrx likes this.
    • scrptrx

scrptrx Void-Bound Voyager

Ooh! that's nice! Can you put them all in one ZIP and upload it here?

• Unassuming Obelisk

I'm glad you like it! I put it in what should be a working zip archive and attached it to the original post so people can see it.

scrptrx likes this.
        • scrptrx

Wonderful! Are you going to make it into a mod? I could help if you want.

• Unassuming Obelisk

Yeah, I was thinking about that and looking into some of the basics of modding. I got stuck pretty early on when I had trouble converting the files into .xnb properly. I'm probably just making a stupid mistake, so I'll try again this afternoon and contact you if I need help.

• scrptrx

I didn't get it right at first either. All you need for portraits is the PNG and the YAML file, then in the command line, type
              xnb_node pack Alex Done, putting both the PNG and YAML into a folder called Alex, and it'll spit out the xnb file into a folder called Done.

I don't know what I was doing wrong before I started getting it right, but I'm pretty sure I just had the input/output order wrong.

Unassuming Obelisk likes this.
              • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

scrptrx likes this.
              • Unassuming Obelisk

Thanks SO MUCH!! I was totally about to give up! scrptrx, Foghorn, you're lifesavers! :DD

scrptrx likes this.
                • scrptrx

OH
                  MY
                  GOD

honestly the biggest thing holding me back was being too lazy to open up cmd lol I will have to try this thank you @foghorn !