RELEASED Spouse Rooms Redesigned Ver 07 28 Nov 2017 for1.2

Redesigns all of the spouse rooms.

1. airbreather123

airbreather123 Intergalactic Tourist

2. endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@airbreather123 Thank you! I am happy that you like the mod so much :love:

I can certainly try to do Sebastian's room. I tend to like brighter colors and atmospheres and I am a little nervous about tackling his room. I worry I may change it too much. For example, I hear that Sebastian stops smoking after marrying the player character so putting a plant in place of the bong/vase would not be too out of place. Though some could argue that the item is a part of Sebastian's character even if it is not being used.

I will take a look at the files and get started on his room soon. Do you have an idea in mind for what you envision his room to look like? Also, as all the room slots are taken in the default and non-default file, whose room would you like for me to replace with Sebastian's? It will be a separate file. For example, Leah's new room took the place of Harvey's.

@Mallow<3 I just realized that I made Leah's room take the place of Harvey's in the non-default file instead of the default one, like you wanted, by mistake. No one has said anything! Is Leah's room working just fine and I am simply going crazy? Way to pay attention me. It's only been three months since I posted that version. :facepalm:

• Taweret

Taweret Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you plan on updating this for 1.1? With the addition of Emily and Shane as potential spouses, replacing spouserooms.xnb might screw things up.

• zomgzomg

zomgzomg Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, a 1.11 update is definitely needed.
        Shane's spouse room is pretty gross), so doing something like Clean Shane's Spouse Room, too, would be excellent.

• SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

If it helps, he more likely quits smoking tobacco than weed. So he might still use his bong but he doesn't smoke cigarettes anymore.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Yeah, Shane and Emily's room need a fresh look. Would you mind redesigning them, please?

• endermaryn

@Taweret , @zomgzomg , @SarahSyna , @Karmylla Hey there all! Thank you for the enquiries. I apologize your comments were ignored for so long. I have not played Stardew Valley in a long time and was not aware ver 1.1 had already been released. Concerned Ape works fast!

I started converting this mod to ver 1.1 last night. I hope to be done soon. So far it does not seem as if the old file messes things up. At least, Harvey's room has not crashed my game yet. But Shane's and Emily's rooms would definitely not be the right ones at all. So updating the file is certainly the way to go.

Current plans are to finally do something about Sebastian's room, most likely fix up Penny's a bit, make Emily's room one more suited to an aspiring clothing designer and to do something about the travesty that is Shane's room. I mean, really? Wow, that room is a piece of work.

Hopefully I can get their rooms to work with their personalities. Suggestions are certainly welcome because I do not claim to be a an expert when it comes to Shane's or Sebastian's personalities and I want to do a believable job.

As always, thank you to everyone that has commented on my mod ^_^

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@endermaryn thank you!
                I actually made a mod of my own of all the Spouse Rooms! Maybe you'll get new ideas from how I've edited them!
                And it was your mod that made me want to start editing maps, so thank you very much!

• endermaryn

@Karmylla Your mod is amazing! <3 So much detail! I especially love how you kept Harvey's radio and made it work with the new room. He won't stand in the room and talk about using it even though it is not there like he does in my mod :facepalm:

Thank you for telling me about your mod. It is very well done!

@zomgzomg Forgot to say thank you for pointing out the Clean Shane's Spouse Room mod. That one looks great and a big improvement on the original :DD

• endermaryn

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
                    zomgzomg and buddy4life like this.
                  • Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just wanted to say thank you for all your work that you put into these room revamps. They look amazing and I love the little touches of personality you gave them. Definitely my favorite mod of this type I've seen and one I expect I'll be using from here on out. :rofl:

endermaryn likes this.
                    • endermaryn

@Ambaaargh Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate the feedback :love:

• endermaryn

endermaryn updated Spouse Rooms Redesigned with a new update entry:

Ver 06 out. Fixes minor issues with Emily and Shane's rooms.

Read the rest of this update entry...

zomgzomg and buddy4life like this.
                        • Sablerain

Sablerain Space Hobo

These are beautiful redesigns. So much attention to detail! Thank you!

endermaryn likes this.
                          • laverniust

laverniust Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod, thank you! I'm not sure if this is just a bug for me or anyone else, but the dog goes behind the fridge and TV in Shane's room. This is the first time I noticed, but I've seen the dog as high/far back so that it looks like they're laying on top on the wall

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 8.38.22 PM.png

Thank you for the help!

• endermaryn

@laverniust Haha! Okay, that's funny. The dog should not be able to get there. That area is not transversable.

I think it's caused by the same bug that allows the babies and slimes to walk/crawl and bounce between the walls. But since I'm working on the mod right now to update it, I'll check Shane's room out just in case.

Thank you for pointing it out :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
                              • endermaryn

• endermaryn

@Yoseiri I made an alternate version. Sadly, there are only so many items available for use. There are no fish or stones, for example. But I did remove the TV and I added a bookshelf and some other items. Please tell me what you think. I can work on it some more if need be. :love:

• endermaryn

• endermaryn