1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed [SPOILER] Stuck: Esther's 'Scan Outpost' Quest

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by eksynn, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

anyone else stuck on this quest?

esther asks you to scan objects at the outpost, but there aren't enough green scannable things to fulfill the quest... not at the outpost anyway =x anyone knows what i'm doing wrong? or where i'm not looking?

edit:
    FIXED!

apparently, the quest doesn't recognise things you've previously scanned, before the quest begins... so just scan everything again.

Solution:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    kilox59 likes this.
  2. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

The last time this came up it had to do with dungeons (stores/npc) not being placed in the outpost.
    If everyone leaves the outpost then that forces it to reload and all dungeons will be placed again.

Please post a log along with your reports next time :)

3. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

how would a log help in this case? o O does it show quest stats/continuity?

edit: why did it show 2 empty quote fields before the one with actual content? xD
    it won't let me edit it out either lol

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  4. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Yes. The log doesn't just contain crash messages.
    It shows warnings and errors, including dungeon/object placing errors which everyone should have as they have not been fixed yet.
    If it was a dungeon placing error we could have seen that straight away.

I've thought about adding all the scan targets to nightly fix even when they are open/closed as they have different requirements for them right now. I know it is possible for a new char to complete the quest but I'm not sure about an old. It it tied to universe flags (universe progress) when it decides which version to spawn in. Still need to test it before doing anything.

The pinned topic at the top of the forum has a list of what you should include when you are making a report.

As for the forum quote, I don't know. Wysiswg editors can sometimes bug out.

5. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

i'll be sure to include one next time, then, even i don't think it's not relevant lol

6. Sebamm

Sebamm Intergalactic Tourist

I started a new game and didn't scan anything until the quest started, but still the bar is not full after I have scanned everything. Could you give a list of the items that should be scanned?

7. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Having just done this quest, here is the list:

-Penguin Pete's shipyard(the captain who gives you the erchius mining facility mission and sell vehicles)
    -The 2-Stop Teleshop
    -Terramart
    -Sign Shop(will still be closed but remain an essential to scan)
    -Frogg Furnishings
    -Beakeasy Bar(possibly one of the easily underlooked one. It is under the main outpost. You access through the badly lit passageway that you can access through the small platforms in the middle of the Outpost)

eksynn likes this.
  8. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

don't forget the spoiler tags. xD but then i guess the thread name already says it's expected... maybe..?

with that in mind... i had missed the tele2-stop teleshop and the sign shops, since i had already scanned them before

kilox59 and Ludovic like this.
  9. ShinigamiX

ShinigamiX Big Damn Hero

I came across this problem at one point though it was because while every shop had opened the 2-stop teleshop's owner still hadn't returned to open it. Thus it never got to its green state to be scanned.

Looks like the shops you've missed is the tech station and the ursa miner. Both can be overlooked until you get fed up and go from room to room checking. Long as you point your matter manipulator's scan mode light into the room when you enter, you can usually find pretty easily everything that hasn't been scanned.

10. kilox59

kilox59 Void-Bound Voyager

I'im stuck on it can you please do screenshot of the places please ^-^'

11. kilox59

its being 2hours I'm looking for this quest so please tell me in detail where the places are :nurusad::nurusad::nurusad::nurusad:

12. kilox59

I look in all this places but still have or more to scan (everything in this outpost is in red I have scanned everythings more than 6 times.... I really need help please do screenshots T-T

13. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Did you get the beakeasy bar(under the main outpost) or easel sign shop?

14. kilox59

Ye both but its red and the quest is not complete

15. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

In the list posted above they forgot the tech console. If you've scanned all the objects mentioned by Ludovic then you just need to scan the tech console.

If you still can't progress then just type /completequest outpostclue

kilox59 likes this.
  16. kilox59

I love you dude thanks a lot :nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt::nuruflirt: IT WORKED
    If other quest have a bug I will come here

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  17. kilox59

Can you please tell me how did I get power up like dash / double jump...
    Nobody know ???

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  18. CecilNailo

CecilNailo Void-Bound Voyager

you have to complete the quest from the apex in the tech room. he will ask for 10 copper bars and you will go from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.