Speech bubbles!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CJoker3221, Feb 14, 2013.

1. CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I know this video is a bit old, like 2 weeks old but I'm curious if Speech Bubbles or Emotion Bubbles will be added, trying to do something to get the itch for this game to calm xD

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

Yeah I was planning on it actually. My only concern was that big annoying bubbles would be blocking the action while farming... of course they'd have to fade if you're standing behind them... but it might still be annoying if you're farming or adventuring and suddenly get all covered up. You'd have the option to turn them off, of course.

• Apple Jack

Apple Jack Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Options are nice, they'd also be less annoying with an transparency settings (for the bubble itself), font size (which would directly influence bubble sizes) , and even a slider to set a limit for characters on screen, any more than the set amount wouldn't show a bubble and just send the text to the chat box, so you don't get huge wall of text bubbles on screen if someone copy / pastes something in-game.

Chat colors for each player in co-op would be a fun extra touch too i'd think. Maybe a little palette button on the chat box which brings up a color selection menu? :giggle:

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

I especially like the idea of emoticons during play. Typing long sentences is nice during MP in low stress situations, but it's especially nice to be able to press a hotkey and display a heart, or sad face, or thumbs up if you are working on something together like building a fence, clearing land, or fighting monsters.

peace

• Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

I really like the idea of emotion bubbles... that could help convey the emotions of NPC characters also. I really liked using those when I was playing Ragnarok online.

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, Ragnarok Online..so many memories :')

Mopy and Wasselin like this.
              • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Meh. I like the little chatbox in the bottom. Minecraft and RuneScape, two games I play do that, and I'm definitely used to that.