Modding Help Species Creation help!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Chai Rao, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Chai Rao

Chai Rao Aquatic Astronaut

So I want to create a new Starbound species, but I'm really only good at the spriting portion of it. I've gotten most of it sprited, but when it comes to actually implementing the mod and making it WORK, I'm at a loss.

I'd love to collaborate with someone! I can do all the spritework!

The species idea is a fox satyr, half human half fox. It's easy to make as a first species attempt because it's really just using the human assets and replacing the bottom half with fox legs. In the future, I want to see if a centaur is possible to make.

Here's a preview of the body sprites:

upload_2018-3-24_15-58-23.png upload_2018-3-24_15-59-3.png

If anyone wants to help and work with me on this, I'd be super grateful! Best way to contact me if I suddenly go quiet on this thread is via Discord
    My discord info is [Blank] #9277
    Or email @ [email address removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
  2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

I strongly suggest you do not have your email just out there

I also suggest you take a look at the hylotl if your problem is with getting the sprites to color right with the character creation. If the sprites for the legs are not within the bounds of the vanilla sprites, then they will poke out of the various pants and not work in general

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I've removed your email address, since it shouldn't be posted publicly for security reasons.