1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Spacious Cargo Ship

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Med, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    Spacious Cargo Ship replacer by Med
    A refined model of Crystalwolf's glitch cargo ship.

More space. Better geometry. Make this ship your own!

Take a screenshot and upload it - no author's verification necessary!

Mod the Cargo Ship further, no credit necessary! Upload away!

Installation:

1.) Locate your Starbound directory. It is usually found at:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Starbound

Installation with ModLoader by RockyTV:
    --------------------------------------------
    To install with Mod Manager, drop the contents of the mod folder into your mod folder:
    common/Starbound/mods/...

By default, this cargo ship replaces the Glitch ship, but you can rename the "glitch" folder to another race and it will work perfectly well.

Installation without ModLoader:
    --------------------------------
    If you choose to install without Mod Manager, backup the files in:
    common/Starbound/assets/ships/glitch/... then drop the contents of the mod folder into the assets folder:
    common/Starbound/assets/... and choose to Replace Existing files.

WatcherCCG, ErekoseDM and Silvestre like this.
  2. Jecoconono

Jecoconono Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More styles. Not like im gonna use it anyway but i might

3. Haker10201

Haker10201 Void-Bound Voyager

I'd use it if you had a Florian version of the ship. Love the idea though, I use my ship as storage/crafting, and there's not enough space after a few hours of playing lol.

4. jodoalien

jodoalien Space Spelunker

Does this work with multiplayer?

5. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

I believe the way this works in Multiplayer is that other players will be able to move around in your ship, but the exterior of the ship won't look right.

So, probably wont crash the game, but won't look great either. :love:

6. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

This looks even better than the Extended Ship. But I don't want my characters all flying around in stolen Glitch ships. If you could make versions for the other races, I would happily grab this mod. For now I will like your post and endorse your entry on the Nexus. I hope you'll find time to work on the other races' ships soon. Great work. :)

7. Boogy

Boogy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here is a quick mock-up of the human version i did for myself, based on Med and Crystalwolf works. Engines are a two or three pixels off, but good enough for me. (easy to fix though, if you got the time and basic paint skills ;) )

Just rename those two images to shipship.png and dropshipblock.png and replace glitch ones.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  8. WatcherCCG

Looks great. :up: We just need versions for every ship, then we can focus on finetuning them appearance-wise and compiling the six ships into a single zip file.

9. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Hehe, well folks I'm not convinced that this peticular ship layout is worth the trouble! I prefer the teleporter sunken into the floor, for one. Also, I don't like the appearance of the default floran ships, so if I were to make a floran version of any ship, it would not exactly match the official ones. :p

10. WatcherCCG

I'm willing to just see what you come up with, Med. Anything is better than the default ship. I for one like your design. The back can serve as a fully functional crafting area and chest room, leaving the vanilla sections of the ship to be decorated with home furnishings. I like it a lot.

11. WatcherCCG