1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Stations

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Nameisnotname, Dec 8, 2013.

?

Should there be space stations?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2014.
  1. Yes!

94.3%
  2. Maybe, but I have a different idea about how they could be done.

5.7%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nameisnotname

Nameisnotname Void-Bound Voyager

This is something I think that a lot of people have aspired to build since they heard about Starbound. Me and my friends have made it happen, at least somewhat. I think it would be pretty cool if they were also generated into the world. I was thinking that space stations similar to the ones we have built (both in and out of asteroids) would be a neat addition to the game.

For example:
    [​IMG]

What are your thoughts on this?

Xanglaeus, oreo, espedair and 4 others like this.
  2. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Phantasmal Quasar

ok that's awesome :D

Nameisnotname likes this.
  3. lacrimis

lacrimis Void-Bound Voyager

yeah space statioins would rock

4. NateDiemer

NateDiemer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice job and great time to post it. We need something else besides asteroids to fill that top shelf.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty fuckin' sweet build.

Nameisnotname and NateDiemer like this.
  6. atmafox

atmafox Intergalactic Tourist

How did you guys manage it? Lots and lots of deaths? O_O

Also, if I can ever find the Avian homeworld (reading the codexes, I think only the Human homeworld was destroyed?) I'm going to have to find Fluex's space station and verify that either A) he's already long dead, or :cool: he's quite recently (as in just a moment ago) taking a long walk out of a short airlock. >.>

Good luck!
    -Atma

7. Nameisnotname

Nameisnotname Void-Bound Voyager

Started off with quite a few, freezing was an issue before we found some space heaters.

8. jampine

jampine Poptop Tamer

I think you should also be able to find space stations in space, maybe orbiting random planets or stars, or perhaps even drifting through deep space :O They could be like larger dungeons, or trading posts and towns, or maybe a space port?

NeroAngelo likes this.
  9. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Phantasmal Quasar

nerdgasmed just thinkin about that , would be cool if the devs consider it :D

10. Ultimuh

Ultimuh Phantasmal Quasar

I agree, exploring friendly, hostile or even completely abandoned space stations would be fun.
    The same would be for derelict ships.