Space Station Shuttle Bay

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by pixelhater, Jun 10, 2017.

1. pixelhater

pixelhater Void-Bound Voyager

First off, thanks for the 1.3 update. I'm having a blast with mechs and space stations.

Here's my suggestion: I would like a shuttle bay addition for space stations.

The idea is that the shuttle is a way to explore a system without actually having your ship present in that system. You could deploy a shuttle from a space station to any location within the star system. Being able to deploy a mech from the shuttle would be icing on the cake.

The reason for this suggestion is related to how I play. I typically drop a flag or transporter on a world for the sole purpose of being able to get back to that world to gather resources. If I could teleport to a station and then deploy a shuttle (and, by extension, a mech) when I need resources, it would simplify things when I go from exploring to resource gathering and back. I would probably invest a little more into star systems instead of regarding them as resource stepping stones (with albeit nice aesthetics) toward the final goal.

What say ye?

Rookas, Storm01 and Ultimuh like this.
  2. Storm01

Storm01 Seal Broken

I'm just dropping in here to say that this would be better implemented as a very high power Teleporter. It would match the theme of the game more thoroughly than a shuttle, while capable of the same function.

3. pixelhater

pixelhater Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough. I suggested the shuttle mostly because I'd like to see that sweet dropship in use.:)

4. Nickyellow0313

Nickyellow0313 Space Hobo

maybe these shuttle bays could hold another ship for you. A custom one. This would allow you to beam to your space station and explore the star it is located at, while your first ship is far away exploring another star. What do you think?

ZedCassel likes this.