1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Space station disappeared

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ebonsoul, Jun 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Well in game my Station vanished from it's system. The ship bookmark takes me to the system itself, but the station is clearly gone. Teleporters can take me to the station, however shortly after the game will crash. I was still online and hadn't installed any new mods since last working on the station.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

3. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

I have five in the storage folder. Do you need a specific one or all of them?

4. Iris Blanche

The most recent log is called starbound.log, it may appear as only "starbound" on your OS tho.

5. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Gave me this when tried uploading it.
    upload_2018-6-13_1-23-14.png

Here ye go. And thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

This log shows that the cockpitview cant display the station due to missing information. Can you reproduce the crash by beaming to the station and provide the new log?

7. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Haven't been able to reproduce the crash, even via beaming to and from station. But it's still not showing in the system.

8. Iris Blanche

Any recent mod updates or mod removals?

9. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Haven't removed any mods, and they have not updated.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. Iris Blanche

Maybe an update broke sth cockpit related or sth.

11. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Could be. Tried restarting both game and steam. Going to try restarting my computer well gettin food. Will let ya know if anything changes when I get back.

12. Iris Blanche

Okay this is a very funny coincidence. I've encountered that problem by myself. While testing around i removed the system world where the station was in. So i can still beam to it but not access it with my ship.
    It may be possible that the starsystem file of the system the station is in got corrupted or deleted.

13. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

I wasn't playing around with any files so I couldn't have deleted it, and the other worlds in the system are still there as well as my builds on them. But indeed, this is very strange. Well it's nice to have the concept of an invisible base, I would very like to fly mech around it.

It disappeared well I was in a gateway dungeon if that helps at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
  14. Iris Blanche

Please avoid doubleposting. :nuruwink:

This is very odd that it suddenly disappeared while being in a vault. I'm gonna check some things if there is a way to restore it.

15. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Sorry about doubleposting, and thanks again for your help.

16. Iris Blanche

I think i found a way but i haven't had time to check if this will work. I'll try today and if it works i can restore the station for you.

17. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Awesome sauce! Not comfortable messing with game memory or code. If it works let me know.

I know it's been awhile and not sure if you've managed to figure it out or not. But was trying to recreate the shutdown like we discussed and succeeded. This is the error message that comes with it, if this helps at all.
    upload_2018-6-17_9-2-26.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  18. Iris Blanche

Sorry wasn't feeling too well the last few days. I'm gonna test the restoration method prolly this evening. Do you still have the log for that crash? If yes can you provide it?

19. Ebonsoul

Ebonsoul Space Hobo

Just that screenshot was all I got. Will attempt to duplicate the crash again throughout the day.

20. EliOatmeal

EliOatmeal Intergalactic Tourist

I had the same problem, except it begun while I was on the space station. I was in the station when I suddenly teleported by to my ship. I continued to teleport down to the station again using the teleporter bookmark I'd placed there until I realized that when I was on the ship, the background didn't show the station. I checked the navagation panal and the station was gone, even though my ship still appeared where the station was. Do you know any way to restore the station?