Modding Discussion Space+ Mod? (Idea)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Triple_DEKer, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Triple_DEKer

Triple_DEKer Void-Bound Voyager

I was shooting around ideas when I finally figured out how to pack the files back up into the game, and I thought about something really neat, but that would probably go against Starbound's 'feel' in that it makes the game really quite difficult and finicky. What if there was a mod that could implement oxygen as a gas, or (or maybe just air, for lore reasons that may come with custom races and stuff) that would be required to breathe?

The ship and planets would be fine, but in certain instances, such as an asteroid base, or an underwater base, one could have to place an O2 tank to fill the room with air, which would be sucked out if a breach, such as a door opening (assume there is no airlock) and the player could be sucked out again. Now, notice I didn't name this topic air mod, but Space +. I would like to have other people just bounce ideas here.

Also, this is the first topic I've created and if I made any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them. Thanks in advance,

Triple_DEKer

Author's Note: I'm not exactly great with programming, so please don't expect me personally to come up with these mods. By posting your idea(s) here, your are agreeing to let any mod creator or developer implement them into their project UNLESS you specifically state your wish for your idea not to be used. Anyone who uses your idea is expected to give you credit, because let's face it, getting credit is nice.

Or a dev says otherwise. :proper: