Soundtrack questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Klaimen, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Klaimen

Klaimen Orbital Explorer

I've read in one of the blog posts that Robert has created already 7 new music-tracks and is going to remix the whole soundtrack (some of which we could listen to in the blog already). Does that mean there are 7 new original tracks already, or do they count for the remixes? And, are these new tracks for new areas/islands which are new to TAW?

Also, I am liking the remixes so far, 8-Bit Insomnia and Born for Adventure were already among my favourites of the TAG soundtrack. Are these remixes work-in-progress or final versions?

• beta_red

beta_red Guest

Hi Klaimen! Good to see you on the TAW forums! :) These are all great questions.

As for the new tunes, I can't remember which post that was from, so I'm not entirely sure what that number was referring to at the time. I can tell you that the new songs are entirely new and separate from the remixes. I can't give away too much quite yet, but some of them are area related and some are feature related. We're finding lots of fun ways to add extra content :)

Regarding the remixes posted on the blog, like 8-Bit Insomnia and Born For Adventure, they're all essentially going to be final versions. I may make some very minor changes to various mixes at the end, along with one final level of mastering for the OST, once all the songs are finished, so that the volumes are more even between songs, but those are currently the only changes I'm planning to make.

Toastation and Klaimen like this.
      • Klaimen

Klaimen Orbital Explorer

Thanks for answering my questions so quickly, Robert!

So, Area and Feature related, huh? That's quite interesting. What might this be? Some cinematic music perhaps? Quite exciting, and teasing! I hope we'll get to hear and see some of those "extra content" bits in the Demo version! :)

• RobitStudios

RobitStudios TAW Developer Developer

Hey Klaimen! Great to see you on the forums. Thanks for always being so supportive. It's sincerely appreciated.

The areas that will be showcased in the demo will definitely give you a good sense what we are doing to enhance the original game. Right now we're planning on showing Cargale Island (where the game starts), Tenerife Island (the desert island with pyramids) and I might also include a brand new section of Somora Island.

The puzzles have been tweaked and there are some brand new ones, the enemies have been reworked with better AI and the music will consist of both remixes and at least one brand new song.

Can't wait to see how you like it.

Klaimen likes this.
          • Klaimen

Klaimen Orbital Explorer

Thank you, and sure thing, Stephen! I anticipate TAW very much, that's how the support comes naturally! The demo features sound awesome! A bit of everything, familiar and fresh material, and it sounds like it's going to be quite a large portion of the game! Something like an hour of actual game beef or even more, if I assume right? Also, do I remember correctly, this is also going to include (spoiler upcoming, select to reveal) the first boss fight at the bottom of the pyramid? Or are you going to pull a cliffhanger and blur the game out right there? I hope not!! ;D Anyhow, looking forward to the demo, do you have a release window already?