Sounds During Storms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhitneyFox, Apr 8, 2019.

1. WhitneyFox

WhitneyFox Void-Bound Voyager

When it storms there are 3 sounds that play (other than the rain and thunder sounds). I know one is a bull frog, but does anyone know what the other two are? One kind of sounds like a howling and the other like a moaning, but I'm not sure what "real life" animal sounds they are trying to mimic.

The curiosity is killing me.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

They aren't trying to mimic animal sounds. However, I don't wish to spoil what it is at this point. I'd suggest getting to work donating things to Gunther and start filling up the museum. Maybe you'll be able to solve this mystery!

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

It's me trying to catch catfish....

Yaushibee, Starain, BentFX and 2 others like this.
        • WhitneyFox

I've already completed the Community center and the museum collection. Did I miss something?

@One More Day, Catfish are easy compared to the Legend. I'm busy building rain totems for next spring so I have more opportunities to break my mouse finger trying to catch him. He's the last one I need.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

After marrying Emily, she has dialog, on rainy days, that at least builds into the lore behind the sounds...
            “Certain spirits only appear in the rain. Maybe you've heard their cries?”

Starain likes this.
            • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

God I never noticed this :avalilol:

• ShneekeyTheLost

If you have obtained the Sewer Key, then you have met the individual responsible for the other noises. In fact, there's a cutscene with Jas and Vincent hanging around the sewer grate over by where the Spring Onions grow which makes those same noises when they investigate.

• WhitneyFox

Ah, I have met Krobus, but I had my sound off during the cut scene with Jas and Vincent (was on hold with customer service for my internet). I've never heard Krobus make any noises when I've been in the sewers. Is there any other reference other than the cut scene?

• Alpha-angel

Alpha-angel Star Wrangler

I think that might be the juminos(Those things in the community center)
                    They are said to be from the wilderness after all
                    Sincerly
                    I hate suspense Thomas

• WhitneyFox

The Juminos make kind of pinging noises. I spent the starfruit and got a Jumino hut on my farm because I think they're cute. I think of them making happy noises rather than the haunting noises you hear in the rain.

• ShneekeyTheLost

There's also the cutscene where Korobus and the Dwarf get into it and the Wizard breaks it up... the same noise is played there as well.

• WhitneyFox

Just got that one. Hadn't spent any effort making friends with Dwarf so that one hadn't been triggered yet.