Sound Effect Droid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by AlphaZero, Mar 28, 2012.

?

So what do you think?

1. It's a good idea.

100.0%
  2. With some work it could be good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Go die in a fire.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AlphaZero

AlphaZero Void-Bound Voyager

SE-Driod.png
    Way back in the year... well, a long time ago, billions of these mass-produced machines were sent out to collect various sound effects for Public Service Announcements regarding alien life. However, once people began to explore more and more planets, the PSA's were deemed obsolete and shut down. As a result, these machines will never receive the signal to come home.

These little buggers are known to repeat any sound they hear, be it the mating call of a krabmikaze, or a roaring fire. In fact, they can create the sounds of hundreds of creatures at once, creating the illusion that there's a herd of monsters nearby, or the sounds of an entire city complete with crying baby and hoverbikes.

Because they were made in such high numbers and in such little time, the machines are rather weak, their metal easily crushed with just a punch. They see nothing as an enemy and someone can walk right by one with no problems what so ever. Heck, they could even try to get it to mimic a phrase or two. However, when a SED detects gunfire it'll go into a self-preservation mode. A well-hidden rocket launcher pops out of it's 'head' and it sets to eliminate anything that it thinks is a threat.

--------------------------------

Well, there you have it. Thirty minutes of spritework by some guy who's never been known as an artist. If people like the idea I may add some detail. Or speakers. They could use speakers.

Greatgreen likes this.
  2. Danisaurus

Danisaurus Void-Bound Voyager

This. is. Awesomepossum. I really liked the sprites!Also the whole story is very intresting :)

3. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahaha this looks great! I really like the sprite and overall concept.
    I'd love to have one by my side ingame and see it go "Alert! Alert!" when an enemy approaches.
    Not exactly an original idea but it has quite a potential!

4. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Dude, this is one heck a crazy idea for a mob!
    i love it! :rofl: