Sorry for the noob qn: How do I remove the FPS counter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elmara, May 9, 2020.

1. Elmara

Elmara Space Hobo

Hi,

I'm sorry for this question, but I just can't find any info on it so far. There is this yellow framerate counter in the top left of the screen that is extremely distracting for me (it's in the Stardew font, so I'm pretty sure it's from the game). How to I remove it? I can't find anything under options, etc.

Apologies for such a basic qn :/

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's most likely not from Stardew Valley. Can you provide a screenshot? Might be easier to tell from which additional software (or mod) the counter is coming from.

• Elmara

Elmara Space Hobo

Sure, have attached a screenshot - the number is in the top left. I also opened a few other games to doublecheck, but the FPS counter only appears in Stardew Valley :/

Attached Files:

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Looks like you're running a software named Fraps and this is why you're having that FPS-Counter. Also moving this topic to General Discussions since it's not an issue with Stardew Valley.

• Elmara

Elmara Space Hobo

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. If any others ever face the same issue, my issue was due to RadeonPro. I have no idea why it only decided to show the FPS counter for Stardew Valley, but you can turn it off in the settings :)

Iris Blanche likes this.