Modding Help Sooo I am stumped

Discussion in 'Mods' started by treannec, May 4, 2019.

1. treannec

treannec Subatomic Cosmonaut

So i have made a mod.. its and ugly patchy little thing, and because of that i cant seem to get it to work without flower valley assets even thought they aren't what i originally used to create it. I just stumbled on being able to make it work using those assets. Could anyone help me make it work without those assets? I reverse engineered it into a content patcher so its plug and play except for the issues with these particular assets WHYYYYY.png ARRRRGh.png

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@treannec I've only opened the secret woods map so far, but it looks pretty good - nothing wrong with the design of it.. However, the first thing I noticed is that for a lot of the bare dirt around the pond, etc. you've used the 'wet or shadowed dirt' tiles rather than the regular ones. Also in your screenshot you're using a recolor, but not one that does the town map tiles that you used for your map(the bright dirt strip by the bridge is part of the bridge tiles). As for getting rid of the Flower Valley bits, you're going to need to remove that tilesheet from the map.

• treannec

ill try using a different tile not the wet stuff. it was crashing before i put the flower valley items in.

• treannec

so i have deleted those files and filled in the blank spots in tiled. BUUUUT im still getting weird patches. With vanilla resources it looks fine but recolors are messed up? Its like they dont recognize the town assets when used in tiled.
          Its just around the town center part the bridge and the town fencing.

• Moragaine

Where are they pulling the assets from? Do you have the town tilesheet in your mod folder or are you letting it pull from game files? A recolor wouldn't find a tilesheet in your mod folder, it's targetting the stuff in game files. The only tilesets you would/should need in your mod folder are special ones that aren't supplied by the game.

• treannec

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!!! I fixed the issue by deleting all my tiled assets and then importing them all over again!!! Its seems that some of my stuff got messed when i was doing personal XNB mods to my game

THANK YOUUUU

• Moragaine

You're welcome! I'm glad it's working now!