1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Somewhat common freezing on Switch

Discussion in 'Support' started by CleverCreations, Dec 29, 2017.

1. CleverCreations

CleverCreations Void-Bound Voyager

Sometimes, when I'm fishing, mining, or fighting, the game temporarily freezes.

If I'm fishing; Using the Y button when it freezes causes the fishing bar to fly to the top, and sometimes, by the time it unfreezes, the fish gets away.

If I'm mining; nothing major, just a small annoyance.

If I'm fighting; It acts as if I'm idle, so by the time it unfreezes, sometimes I'm dead, and I loose progress in the mines.

I'm really not sure how to fix this, as it doesn't seem anyone is really having the same issue. I'm not using any recording feature, I usually keep the switch plugged in, and I don't have it connected to my TV.

My controllers are connected to the switch.

The switch and Stardew Valley are both updated to the latest update.

I'm not sure if I need to specify my tools or not, so please let me know.

Devify likes this.
    • Devify

Devify Orbital Explorer

I've experienced the same thing, losing some fish along the way. It sometimes just lags and can be doing it quite often which gets annoying.

I think it's after I've been playing it non stop for a while.

But I've had it happen both when the controllers are attached and when I'm streaming it to a monitor using them detached. I'm not sure whether it happens when I'm charging it specifically.