Something nice for Linus

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MoogleMcGee, Mar 19, 2019.

1. MoogleMcGee

MoogleMcGee Space Hobo

Ever since I started playing this game I have felt bad for Linus. Almost everyone in the town either ignores him or treats him like dirt. What I propose is the ability to bring Linus into the farm. Let me give him his own building to live in so he isn't stuck up on the hill in a tent forever. He could function similar to a spouse and do chores around the farm or give you a random gift occasionally as thanks for a real home. I can't be the only one that wants to help out the homeless guy that is one of the nicest people in the town.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

SPOILERS INCOMING
      at the 8 heart event he makes clear that the player has been good to him, as they didn't try to "fix" him
      so Linus WANTS to be living in the wild, which he says himself
      so if you wanna help him, stay good friends with him, that's all he needs and wants from the player

Cystasy and WilliamZ like this.
      • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

kurachi is right, linus is happy that he is able to have freedom even when it is hard. i personally do my best to be a good neighbor and make sure to bring him food gifts twice a week and talk to him whenever i see him. you could try that?

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

same here, even though i have a mod that stops friendship points decay, i just like him a LOT... and i give all villagers a birthday gift, regardless
          whenever i have Linus on 10 hearts with a character, i can't help but at least talk to him when i go to the mines, or to Robin

i thought like you did, too, at first, but since he's so happy with his own lifestyle, i started liking him for that

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

maybe i am weird but he was the first char i really bonded with when i started playing expressly /because/ i appreciated his lifestyle(even if i could not do it myself). he stands by his principals and tries to do minimal harm which is something quite respectable

shoot, i've gifted many a maxed character just out of fondness alone X'''D i feel you there!

Kurachi84 likes this.
            • WhitneyFox

WhitneyFox Void-Bound Voyager

I too friended/maxed Linus first. I like the odd ones, I'm courting Abigail now.

What I would like to do is have a secondary community upgrade to at least build him a cabin in place of his tent. He does comment occasionally that his tent gets cold. That way you aren't forcing him to move or really changing him, but you're giving him a slightly better roof over his head.

• laura264

laura264 Aquatic Astronaut

I felt a bond with Linus too. Maybe it's because I love to forage and felt a kinship with him. I totally get that he's chosen the lifestyle he has. But I think we need a way to express a friendship with him without disrespecting his wishes. Since he lives right next to the mine, I think we should have a quest to build him an outdoor cook stove, grill, etc. Something to enhance his outdoor lifestyle.

Kurachi84 and Zosa like this.
                • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i think something small like that would be acceptable, yes
                  maybe some gold and iridium ore grinding to make them (and stones, maybe hardwood, too), so they are of quality materials, at least

laura264 likes this.
                  • laura264

laura264 Aquatic Astronaut

I think it would be fun. Out of all the villagers he's the one you see the most...besides Pierre. And he's never nasty to you, just slightly defensive until you get him. I mean, if we can buy Pam a house for $500,000g's then we should certainly be allowed to build Linus something for his year round camping. :)

WilliamZ likes this.
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

if you open the bus quickly pam is at her post for half the day X'''D i see her more than i see pierre

One More Day likes this.