1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I noticed about the Neo Magnum.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

So, i am wondering. Are the names of the Neo Magnum line references to Gundam?

1. Neo Magnum. I don't notice anything special here.

2. Neo Magnum-E78. Hm. A possible reference to RX-79[G]Ez-8 Gundam Ez8? The numbers will also play into the next one.

3. Neo Magnum-RX. It you take the RX from this one, and the 78 from the last one, you get RX78. A possible reference to the RX-78-2 Gundam.

4. Neo Magnum-ZZZ. Well, we have the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam, and the MSZ-010 ZZ Gundam(the ZZ is pronounced Double Zeta), so I suppose the name of this one is making a joke about a possible Triple Zeta Gundam?

But eh, this is just my guess.

Edit: For one reason or another, half my post was in bold. That should be fixed now.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Iris Blanche likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I have next to no familiarity with Gundam - I watched War in the Pocket a while back, and am halfway through Unicorn - but I wouldn't put it past the devs. There's references to everything from Mystery Science Theatre 3000 to Deus Ex in the game. Gundum is popular enough to conceivably get a nod.

Kaede Grimwater likes this.