REQUEST Some Studio Ghibli stuff maybe???

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Lumalalu, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Lumalalu

Lumalalu Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah yeah, I know there are quite a few Studio Ghibli mods out there, like that gorgeous Spirited Away house, but I haven't seen anything else. So! I'm afraid I'll have to add yet another Studio Ghibli request. Sorry! ;v;
    The only things I really want are a Turniphead scarecrow and a Teto cat replacement. Please? Maybe?

Refs, if anyone wants to do this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SarahKik and XaviiKinz like this.
    • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

ask and you shall receive.

Here's the Turniphead scarecrow, as well as all 8 rarecrows retextured as No Face, Totoro, the Laputa Robot, Cloaked Mononoke, Jiji, The Baron, Porco, and Turniphead in his human form.

This changes the stuffed animals into Totoro plushies.

***Note that since these two both mod the Craftables.xnb file, you'll have to either pick only one, ask someone on the forums to merge the two together for you, or do it yourself (it really isn't hard at all). This thread walks you through it, and here is a guide with pictures in case you'd like to give it a go.

This changes the appearance of the dust spirit enemy to more resemble the Susuwatari (soot spirits) from Spirited Away.

And finally, here is Satsuki & Mei's house from My Neighbor Totoro.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
        XaviiKinz likes this.
      • Lumalalu

Thank you so much! I wonder how I missed those, haha!

• lannihamm

a few of them are kind of hard to find only because they were made 3+ months ago and are buried in the forums (i just happen to keep url's of all the mods i use, so it was nbd)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
          • Ludichaton

Ludichaton Phantasmal Quasar

rarecrow 1.png I still don't really get the point of wanting a Turnpihead mod...
            Heh :)

• lannihamm

objectively the function of the scarecrow doesn't change regardless of the sprite used, so there is no *point* to wanting a Turniphead mod past personal preference.

besides that, given that turniphead is in fact a scarerow and the base game has several studio ghibli references, it isn't hard to fathom at all why players would want a turniphead sprite.

• Ludichaton

Oh, i'm working on the Teto spritesheet, btw.
                Also, i don't really get what you're trying to say, Lanni.

• Ludichaton

Shinrai, lannihamm and CrazyShadowy like this.
                • Lumalalu

aaaaaaaaaaa I'm so happy thank you so SO much

I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to get to this so quickly, or even accept the request in the first place! It's super cute btw, I love his little teeth!!

• Ludichaton

Thanks ! I always think i'm so slow so i always go so fast xD
                    Anyway, i'm super happy to help ! :D

• CrazyShadowy

CrazyShadowy Aquatic Astronaut

Love it a ton!

• lannihamm

I said why it isn't hard to grasp why someone would want a turniphead mod, since you said you "didn't get the point."

• Ludichaton

So, you're saying people would want a Turniphead mod to replace the scarecrow even tho Turniphead is already a Rarecrow ?
                          It's why i put the image.

• lannihamm

Obviously so, because OP is asking for it, and the mod has already existed for some time (which is what i meant by "there is no *point* to wanting a Turniphead mod past personal preference"). Plus, switching the sprite from a rarecrow to a scarecrow means you can craft turniphead vs having to purchase him multiple times.

I mean, my younger brother turned all his scarecrow sprites into skateboards. They still function as scarecrows. People like what they like.

• Ludichaton

Yeah, but it's just... Eh ? Well, as you say, people like what they like...

• SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd love to see some more Studio Ghibli retextures too! If anyone has more ideas, I'd be happy to try to help out.

I retextured most of the paintings in the furniture.xnb with some images from the Studio Ghibli movies. All I did was resize them down, crop and sharpen though. But if anyone wants to use them, feel free. My Totoro plushies are in the same file, which shouldn't conflict with the collectibles.xnb/Scarecrow retexture.

Here's a preview of a couple:
                                [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest can be a surprise ;3

Download paintings + Totoro plushies

lannihamm and taintedwheat like this.
                                • SarahKik

SarahKik Pangalactic Porcupine

It's been awhile since I've played around with portraits, but after watching My Neighbour Totoro the other day and seeing this thread, I got the idea to make Jas into Mei? What do you guys think? :p

[​IMG]

I haven't played around with the sprite yet though.

XaviiKinz and taintedwheat like this.
                                  • Lumalalu

Aah, it's pretty cute! The frizz of her hair is very noticeable :3 One thing I always noticed about Mei, though, is that she has a wide mouth. Not sure how you'd do that, as I am absolutely not a pixel artist!