1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Some noob questions..

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by zervinio, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zervinio

zervinio Space Hobo

Hello everyone! I just made an account and im planning to buy starbound in some days, but first i have some questions i'd like to ask!

I have been seeing everywhere to not buy it yet because version 1.0 is bad or something like that? Should i buy it after an update?

Also one small question, are there relationships in the game? For example can you make someone hate/love you? And is marriage a thing because that would be interesting.

Lastly, have you seen some patterns repeat to the point where they get boring since it's procedurally generated or should i not be concerned about that?

Thank you everyone in advance!

2. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1.0 is fine, there are some minor issues, but on a whole it is fine. So if looking for a 2d sandbox platformer, Starbound is a good one to consider.

On relationships, in a way. Currently there is the crew mechanics, do enough quests for an NPC and they get to like you enough to offer to join your crew. As for hate and marriage, its not currently a thing but you never know in the future.

On the repeating patterns, not that I have noticed, though later on once start doing your umpteenth run through of planet type X to find a certain item it can get old, more from lack of challenge and looking at the same style of scenery over and over again than the terrain evoking a Deja Vu feeling of having ran the planet before.