1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Some new screenies

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cobaltcakes, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

traditionally they make very good slaves

2. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

Yep, that's the idea!

The fans aren't animated yet, but if people want them to be I can animate them. The idea of the wreck dungeon set is that they're ancient, not-necessarily-human starship wrecks, so I wanted it to have a very ancient run down look.

Shahab, ThrehserMaw, Breather and 2 others like this.
  3. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

Saying dungeon makes me think of legend of zelda.
    hm.....:idea:
    Could you please add some overgrown temple tiles as well? I just had a great idea!

4. I'm glad that there's more than one kind of door now :P

5. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I think it'd be nice to have both. :)
    It wouldn't make much sense for them to spin on a crashed ship, but if you took some home and repaired the wirings they'd look great spinning in a bunker.

6. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

im happy to know (not that i rly doubt it) that we'll be able to use "high-tech tile set" to make our bases. after always having a poor choice of material for making my HQ in terraria, the high-tech option of starbound will finally allow me to make my mad scientist compound :D

7. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

since its ancient i dont think they need to be animated just yet cuz ancient probably means broken

8. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Huh, now that I think about it, the Alien wreck looks like something out of XCOM.

Rho likes this.
  9. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

But if the fans were broken, wouldn't they spin occasionally in slight drafts? Unless they rusted tight...hm. I guess it depends on what they are made of.

10. pwner53

pwner53 Over 9000!!!

I heart pics

11. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

I am loving the space ship thing and if we get the chance to build then it will be in something like that

12. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You could also make computers with black screens and green pixels on them , and these pixels change postion everytime making it look like some kind of information :up: I think most people wold like their bases/houses and spaceships to be as much alive as possible.

13. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

Love these new screens. I'm guessing that those two creepy looking red guys are in a passive state and the playing character isn't in their field of view maybe? :whoop:
    I'm liking all the textures im seeing anyway. :rofl::coffee:

14. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

would be cool if you animate the fans in a cool way.
    because that place is very old some broken and some work but with flaws like they get stuck.would look nice and alive

15. Bleuigen

Bleuigen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These screenshots are awesome!

16. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

the first one told me something. there is lockerson that ship which may have some loot.

17. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

ALIENS!!!

18. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

screens will change and show different things tiy has said, so i imagine the static will be animated

19. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

You are correct! :D

20. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

i dont talk for most people but i know id like that. it would liven up much the buildings id make

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.