Modding Help Some modding stuff I need help with

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MitKit, Apr 20, 2016.

1. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Items generic and windows search *dye* including the stars press enter and wait for a result if it doesn't work do the same search in items

2. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

I don't have an items generic file

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

[upacked files folder]/items/generic... do you even file system?

4. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

I know how to find it If I had it. But the problem is that the file of mine was broken, and the fix you gave me didn't fix everything.

5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

it shouldn't be broken, the only thing you did is that you managed to set the .pak extension to open with internet explorer, which in itself is a miracle, but do you have a files folder in your assets folder?

The | Suit likes this.
  6. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, but with hardly anything.

7. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

did you keep the command prompt open when you ran the batch file?

8. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

also you can probably just deleted the packed.pak file and just redownload it by verifying your file integrity with steam

9. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Nope, it doesn't change a thing.

10. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

what's in your files folder? i'm curious?(if you can send a screenshot or something)

11. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Can't you just give me a copy of your assets folder?

12. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

na that's illegal and you need to learn debugging 101.

13. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Quite a bit more! I guess I didn't run the batch file long enough... :facepalm: I feel soooo stupid now.

14. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

ya the unpacker takes a long time but at the same time it's the equivalent of unzipping around 50"000 files or so, but ya do you have the items folder now?
    On my op production setup it takes about 10-15 seconds, but i blame my 2 pci express nvme ssds, and on my laptop it takes about 200 to 300 seconds

15. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Yep I have them, but it's still unpacking. Thanks for being patient and sticking with my stupidity.

16. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

i'm pretty much the tech support at my office so i'm kinda used to high levels of stupidity.... i still can't believe someone asked for a 4 mouse because ergonomie or something.

17. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Ok, so now I looked at the existing armors and clothes but there's nothing in them that makes it different than mine. So why aren't dyes working?

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Do the hexadecimal values being replaced in the item file match the ones found on the image file? Using your image editor and the color sampling tool, obtain the hex code and check it. If they don't match, then the color won't be replaced.

19. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

you'll find a link in my signature to something called recolor maker 2 you can use it to test them,
    1. load up your image,
    2. take a color option
    3. import it(file->import from json) and press apply or i think it should directly update the thing
    4. you can see the "source" color and the resulting color (target) and use the color picker tool to pick the right
    5. colors and just export them back to json (file -> export to json) once you are done making changes

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  20. MitKit

MitKit Phantasmal Quasar

Yes! I finally got dyes to work!