Some ideas of mine

Discussion in 'Other' started by Zman12380, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all
    This is a second suggestion thread that i made with the same ideas since my other one is going to be deleted in a week, as it is in the temporary forum that is going to be deleted.
    Also i would like to say that i personally think it is a tad bit too early for suggestions, but, i see that everyone, even known people from other forums (that i know that they know what they are saying), are suggesting ideas of their own to the game, so i think that i should give it a try too although i think that what i am going to suggest is something that the devs knew people would suggest.
    So here is my protofile:

Alien bases

Alien bases are generated upon world generation and they are basically dungeons that you can go explore any time you want, inside, there are some dangerous aliens who study that planet that the base is on and planing their attack on said planet.
    However, the entrance flour is completely empty and has a clear way to both entrances so that people who feel like they are not ready to tackle the base can simply go right through it to the other side of the world without any injury.

Inside the alien bases are:

Aliens (obviously), these are the inhabitants of the bases and they will not allow you to break into their base (unless you are only on the entrance flour) and exiting alive!

Alien metals, these are metals that can be used to make many tools and weapons, although, they must be researched\ examined (an idea that i will go on later that i think, at least by what i have seem is going to be in the game) before you can make something with theme.
    There can be many kinds of alien metals too.

(low-mid tire) alien weapons, these weapons are weapons that normally you would have to do research in order to have them, they are weapons of alien technology that are usually stronger then ordinary, weapons, but, you can only find low or (if you are really lucky) mid tire weapons so that you cannot skip a large part of the game.
    However, you are required to research the said weapon in order to use it.
    You can also find alien ammo in the bases for the alien weapons that require ammo, researching the weapon is enough to use the ammo.

Research\ examination (Again, i am pretty sure from what i have seen (pictures of scientists) that it is going to be in the game without me suggesting it).
    Research and examinations are processes that you are required to do (for a cost of money) in order to progress to higher tires, some researches\ examinations require higher tire equipment and lower tire researches in order to so them.
    Things that can be researched\examined are:
    Enemies- researching enemies will tell you their stats and sometimes lead to other researches.
    Materials- researching materials can allow you to create weapons and tools and allot of material researches will lead to other researches.
    Weapons\tools (only if found and not created by the user0- researching weapons and tools that you find will allow you to use the said weapon\tool.​
    I hope you like my ideas!​
    Mutation
    Mutation is an ability that you can unlock after a research on an alien.​
    The research will extract the DNA of the alien and once you have the DNA, you would be able to use it to mutate yourself.​
    The results of mutation on your stats depends on the alien DNA of what creature that you used, meaning that it will depend on the properties of the creature (I .E Strong but slow creature), this will allow to allot of customized properties for your character, allowing for many ways of playing the game.​
    The results will be things like:​
    Getting a damage increase but getting a defense decrease, getting a speed increase but losing some max Hp, etc.​
    Also, some creatures will be only strong or fast, in this case, you will get only an increase, but not as much as mutations that also decrease your stats, but, in the late game, there will be stronger "only increasing' mutations.​
    And another thing, if the creature has a special ability that is not stat related, you can have this ability (things like spiting venom, flying (for a short time, height and distance), etc.), the later game monster it is, the stronger the ability.​
    But you might be asking "What if i don't want the mutation that i got anymore?". The solution is that you can simply un-mutate yourself the same way you mutated yourself.​
    Also, you can mutate yourself with more then one kind of alien, however, doing so will decrease the effects of the properties of the other mutations.​
    Artificial Planets
    Artificial Planets are planets which are essentially space stations only planet size which you build, the Artificial Planets act as a simulated environment of planets that you already visited, in a single Artificial planet, there could be many "Chambers" of environment simulations, which allow you to have creatures of many different planets on the same planet.​
    Once you have an Artificial Planet, you can start Hybrids of Creatures of the simulated areas, which results in a different creature. ​
    Hybrids
    Hybreeding (not sure how to spell it) is a mutation action that you can preform on two kinds of creatures.​
    In order to make a hybrid, you must first get an Artificial planet with at least two environment simulation "chambers", then, you must "tame" the two parenting creatures in order to get living DNA. With the two DNAs, you can make a hybrid.​
    The resulting creature will have all, if not most, of the parenting creatures without the properties of the "parents" weakened.
    You can't hybrid more then 2 kids of animals at the time, however, you can hybrid two creatures, then hybrid two other creatures, and then hybrid the resulting creatures together. However, the resulting creature of this kind of hybrid will have weaker versions of the properties of the two Hybrided (again, i don't know how to spell it) "parents".​
    Hybrids can be useful for both mutations (as the results of the "pure' hybreeding will not have weaker properties of the parent creatures, which results in more gaining then losing) and pets (which i am not going to suggest as there are many pet suggestion already).​

2. Zman12380

Sorry for the bump, but i added something new, mutation!
    Check it out!

3. TBSEM98

TBSEM98 Space Spelunker

I support the mutations, i would like to be a part eathral and a part human!

4. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Mutation sounds... interesting, to say the least.

I'm worried about the side effects of it.

5. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

I think mutation is a really cool concept, with a ton of potential.

I think I would put this on my wishlist of things I'd like added.
    Right beneath foreground tiles.

6. Zman12380

Which is why you can always get rid of it, as i said in the OP.

7. TehEpikMonk

I think you misunderstood me. It's going to be fun as hell, I just was unsure what the side effects would be.

8. Zman12380

Ohh.
    it will do things like:
    If you get an increase in damage dealing, you get a decrease in defense and "battery power damage". And if you get an increase on speed, you will get a decrease on ranged damage or something.
    You can also get some properties of the alien such as flying (to a certain degree (only for a short (3 seconds maybe) amount of time)) and idk, maybe spiting acid, just many possibilities.
    It all depended on the properties of the alien, so don't expect to get a ton of speed from a DNA of a heavy alien.

is it now understandable

9. TehEpikMonk

But the severity should be procedurally generated. That would make mutating a risk.

10. Zman12380

It will, so i should mention all of the OP.

11. Jermex

Im assuming both effects and severity would be random.
    so it would always be a risk either way

12. TehEpikMonk

Well, the basic effects of mutating should stay the same. For example, if you became a really quick monster, you should become quicker no matter what. It's just a matter of HOW quick you become.

Zman12380 likes this.
  13. Zman12380

Again, it will all depends on the DNA, if it a creature known to be very strong, yet fragile, increase in melee damage and decrease in defense, but, if you mutate with a creature that is only, let's say, stronger then usual, then you will only get an increase in damage and no decrease.
    But don't expect many Very strong creatures in the early game, most of the only one stat increase creatures in the only game will not boost as much as creatures in the late game for balance of course.
    This is what i meant in all of this, thank you for understanding the concept.

14. Jermex

Ok, that sounds fine to me, but I would rather this be a mod than a feature

15. Zman12380

Added two new ideas, i hope you like them.
    And sorry for the bad grammar.

16. Zman12380

It's basically what i said with the "simulation chambers :p.