1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Some ideas for a possible final update

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LongChan, Nov 3, 2018.

1. LongChan

LongChan Cosmic Narwhal

Hey there everyone, this is old LongChan coming back for some cheering. I think most Starbound fans aknowledge that this game's life cycle is coming to its final stage. Taking that fact into consideration... It would be great if we could have a final content update that includes everything that couldn't be released in previous versions. Like for example, a full fledged pocket monsters system with procedural monsters recovering their long lost skill sets, joke weapons and perhaps, team skills as it was discussed back in 2012. Just throwing my two cents, what do you people think about this?

Armorine1983 likes this.
  2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I just hope that they don't release a final update. I mean look at Minecraft, they keep updating their content and feature, keep making it interesting.

But anyway, I want Starbound to have a more advance crew customization, I mean like what I had already suggested in the suggestion thread.

This is the link if you want to take a look at it:
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-advance-crew-customization.147559/

STCW262 and Ickura like this.
  3. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I imagine Frackin Universe mod will have something like that (if not already). I hope Chucklefish will take the best parts of that mod and add it into the main game. I just started using the mod and it makes the game much better except for the lighting that your character gives off (which is none with the mod on)

Ickura likes this.
  4. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

That can be applied to other mods as well, whether it be bug fixes, optimization or just more content. The community can really help Starbound a lot that way, as long as they receive credit of course. It won't be the first time Chucklefish merge mods into the game itself.

Armorine1983 likes this.