1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [SOLVED] Purchasing Furniture Crashes To Desktop

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neobane, May 22, 2018.

1. Neobane

Neobane Lucky Number 13

May 22, 2018 using the current 1.3 Beta BuildID 2795463
    Game is a COOP game with 1 extra player on the Forage Map
    Friday, Winter 12, Year 2

When attempting to purchase the 'Little Tree' Painting from the Traveling Cart, the game immediately Crashes to the Desktop.
    This is repeatable and occurred both times I attempted to purchase the item (Early AM and Early PM).

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/'Little_Tree'

Error Log of last crash attached.

Attached Files:

• Neobane

Neobane Lucky Number 13

It would appear as though multiple issues are related to purchasing. There are a few threads of crashes from purchasing from the Traveling Cart, Robin, Pierre, etc. Frustratingly, mine just crashed again during the Night Market event when I tried to purchase a 'Dark Throne' item from the Traveling Cart there. It may be related to Furniture. I'll see if I can get through without crashing if I avoid buying Furniture.

Error Log Attached

Attached Files:

• JawnWatson

JawnWatson Space Hobo

I'm having this issue too. At first I attempted to buy wallpaper at Pierre's and thought the game crashed was just random cause sometimes games just crash. It crashed again when I tried to buy a chair from the traveling merchant. Hope it gets fixed soon.

• Fly_trap

Fly_trap Space Hobo

Yep, I have this too

• Speedybeep

Speedybeep Intergalactic Tourist

Yeah me too Whenever I buy Furniture, wallpaper,or floors It just crashes

• kaylakaayaa

kaylakaayaa Space Hobo

May 23 using the current 1.3 beta
              Game is not co-op
              I have this issue too. I just opted in the beta, I open any purchasing menu my game crashes. I've replicated it 5 different times at all of the available purchasing locations (Robin's, Pierre's, Marnie's).

Error log of my last crash is attached

Attached Files:

• Zifeara

Zifeara Void-Bound Voyager

Current 1.3 beta, having the same issue. Purchasing wallpaper from the catalogue or Pierre and furniture from any source crashes the game in multiplayer. My friend and I tried this about 5 times last night and no matter what we did, game crashed every time.

• ambs

ambs Space Hobo

i have the catalogues and my game crashes any time i try to grab anything from them

• Yoteden

Yoteden Orbital Explorer

Also having this issue. Not a coop game. Was unable to purchase the Red Rug from the Travelling Merchant in Year One, Fall 26. Have not tried other furniture at this point. Was able to purchase other items just fine from the merchant.

• NeuroticPanda

NeuroticPanda Space Hobo

Also have a similar issue. Playing the beta with my husband and anytime I try to buy any furniture item or catalog, the game crashes. I tried running it on my own to make sure it wasn't because it was a multiplayer game but that didn't seem to matter, as the game crashed again. We are in Year Two, the middle of Summer. I have tried to buy the Catalog from Pierre and a Wallflower plush from the caravan that shows up on Friday and Sunday, both crashed the game.

• BenMirror

BenMirror Intergalactic Tourist

Just had this happen, twice in a row, both times attempting to buy Calendar from Robin's shop crashed to desktop.

• merry midlight

merry midlight Big Damn Hero

Yep, having this same error, buying anything at all crashes my game

• merry midlight

merry midlight Big Damn Hero

Tried it on multiple save files and the error has persisted through a reinstall

• Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Just booted the beta up again today, playing solo. Thought it might be related to the night market currently going on in my game but it doesn't seem exclusive to that after hearing from you guys. Tried to buy an iridium furnace -- crash. Tried to buy anything from my furniture catalog -- crash. Every time. I can't play until it's fixed. Need my furniture.

• JawnWatson

JawnWatson Space Hobo

I just updated my game this morning in steam and I seem to be able to buy furniture. So just update your game :)

• Neobane

Neobane Lucky Number 13

Can confirm, as of May 24, 2018 I was able to purchase a catalog from Pierre.

myshkin likes this.
                                  • Makedar

Makedar Space Hobo

I have the same problem. My first save, there i have played more than 2 years without problems, obtained this problem when i tried to buy some furniture in another my co-op farm (of course, when i tried to buy the calendar, game crashed).