Modding Help (Solved) Invisible CC Portraits

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Skeleton Jelly, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I'm trying to make a new race and all's been going pretty well so far except for this little error that's bugging me.

I've created portraits for my race that go in the CC list just fine and they're in the proper folder along with the gender symbols, yet for some reason they're not appearing and the square containing my race is just blank. The race works perfectly fine otherwise.

I've already done some googling around and can't seem to come across a solution. I found a thread about the same problem from a lil while back but their solution didn't work for me (the solution in question was renaming the race in all lowercase using Skittles' template, which I've done.)

Here's an image to show what I mean:
    [​IMG]

Any help in working this out would be greatly appreciated!

Edited because my image was a little large; whoops.

Edit again for solution: there was a problem with player.config.patch in which there were capital letters where there shouldnt be any
    i hope this potentially helps others!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Have you checked your log file?
    It's in your storage folder. (The top log that doesn't have any numbers)

Whatever the issue is, I can guarantee its not a problem with the portrait files. Basically sometimes when you muck up something in the race mod, the portrait wont show. :p

Think about what you have changed last, before you noticed your icon not showing.

Hummm this is an issue I need to address in my steam guide. Cheers!

3. Skeleton Jelly

Skeleton Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i honestly forgot about the log file for a second and it appears that it might have something to do with how things are specifically formatted in player.config

i changed something in player.config (i think it was a capital letter where there shouldnt be one) and the portraits started showing up!
    i wouldnt assume there was something wrong with the portraits or the template tho, i figured it had something to do with my coding but i couldnt for the life of me figure it out

it's okay now tho bc i did manage to find the solution, but im coming up with a whole slew of new bugs while im working on this race
    such is coding, lmao

thanks for the help tho, i'll edit the topic to reflect this

DrPvtSkittles likes this.